Leave in condish or not?

curlyfrancurlyfran Registered Users Posts: 25
I have been CG for about 6 weeks but have only been using VO5 and BRHG. I do not have defined curls and the ends are fuzzy so I ordered CK and CJ deep treatment but I may need a leave in conditioner. Do most of you use a leave in?
I have 3B hair and it is extremely thick.

Comments

• Aries_jbAries_jb Registered Users Posts: 1,556
    My hair is 3b also and not very thick at all, and I do use a leave-in. I stopped using a leave-in when I first when on CG and found that my hair just wasn't looking as good.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
    I use a leave in, I just use my reg conditioner. VO5 is not that moisturizing, so you would want to leave some in, that helps me with fuzzy ends.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • jcejce Registered Users Posts: 512 Curl Connoisseur
    I get fuzzy all over without a leave-in! Right now I'm using Abba Nourishing leave-in and sometimes I use Suave Coconut cond. as a leave-in. And I use one every day, no matter what sort of rinse out I use.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    My hair doesn't normally respond well to leave-ins, but lots of the women here use one.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curlyfrancurlyfran Registered Users Posts: 25
    Thank you for the help. I will try a leave in and let you know how it works.
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Let us know! I was going to add that if I don't use a leave-in (usually just a pea-size drop of my normal condish) under my BRHG, I get less defined curls and even a bit of frizz sometimes. Curls are also crunchy and I can't get the crunch to scrunch out. Found that out one day when I was in a hurry and forgot to do the leave-in :? HTH
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    I normally don't use a leave-in, either, and I usually rinse the majority of my conditioner out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I don't know why I don't leave in my conditioner. I leave in coconut oil. I think it's because I read on a long hair site that she believes the only thing after washing that the hair needs is oil. So I just naturally rinse out my conditioner.
    3b-3c CG
  • KurlyPinkKurlyPink Registered Users Posts: 38
    I have been having some bad hair days so I tried something different - honey! i put a few drops in my conditioner and then a drop in my leave in which is Jessicurls [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]aloeba[/buylink]. Then I didn't use any gel, just boots curl creme and I'm having the best hair day that I've had in a long time. I think the gel was really weighing down my hair.

So yay for honey in my leave in!

I found that a leave in - even a tiny bit, makes a big difference to lessen the scrunchiness as well.
    2c/mostly 3a/some 3b, strawberry blonde, long
    Aussi moist conditioner, John Freida Frizz-ease curl gel, Boots curl creme, solid coconut oil, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls aloeba conditioner, lavender oil spritz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file