more help

justme16justme16 Registered Users Posts: 36
the people who answered my last post helped alot...but i have some more questions.

1. what are some good deep conditioners that can be store brought?

2. can somebody in (intense detail) tell/show me how to make/use a homemade deep treatment conditioner?

3. what do i do if my mom OVERLY reacts to me putting a homemade DT in my hair?

-last relaxer january 2010
BC 10/5/12 after 4 months of transitioning!:afro:

event.png

Low Porosity, High Density, Coarse, 4a/4b

Current Products:
Tresemme Naturals 'Poo & Condish
Moisturizers: Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer,Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter,& BB Oil Moisturizer
Leave In: Cantu Leave-in

Searching for the best products for my hair

Comments

• hamptonsfnsthamptonsfnst Registered Users Posts: 106
    You can try purchasing Pantene's Relaxed & Natural's intensive moisturizing mask. Head over to www.curlynikki.com to read a review. She posted it on the site's homepage for today's informative article. You can use warm oils for conditioning treatments. I'm currently at work with my hair wrapped up because I'm "baggying" as we speak. I applied castor oil followed by my conditioner(HE's Totally Twisted) and placed a plastic shopping bag over my hair. This will stay on until I cowash when I return home.
  • dimples12553dimples12553 Registered Users Posts: 69
    just tell your mother not to worry. homemade items always cost less in the long run than the store brought items

Here is a good basic one that I have used in the past as you grow more accustom to making your own, you can add more things or mix and match with other things

1 small jar of real mayonnaise

1/2 of an avocado (try to find the smallest one you can)

Put together in a medium bowl and squish together with your hands until it's a minty green color.

Smooth into hair all the way to the tips.

Put on a shower cap or wrap your head with saran wrap.

Leave on for 20 minutes.

For deeper conditioning put a hot, damp towel around your head -over the saran wrap.

If you have really long hair and only need deep conditioning at the ends, cut the ingredients in half and apply only to the ends and just wrap them.

Use fresh.

HTH
    Dimples12553:afro:
    • Type: 4B, feels more like a 4C
    • Last Relaxer: 6/2001
    • Moisturizer: Raw unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil cream
    • Daily Spritz: recipe of Aloe Vera Gel, water & glycerine with some peppermint essential oil for a little tingle
    • Remember HAPPY hair is HEALTHY Hair. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file