What have you accidentally thrown away?

AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just rescued my high school diploma from the trash can. Mom accidentally threw it away while getting rid of unnecessary stuff in my room (we're moving on saturday).

So, what have you accidentally thrown away?

Northern Colombia.

Comments

• KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    AG. wrote: »
    I just rescued my high school diploma from the trash can. Mom accidentally threw it away while getting rid of unnecessary stuff in my room (we're moving on saturday).

So, what have you accidentally thrown away?

I almost threw away a diamond earrings and pendant set. We were in the process of moving, too. House was up for sale, with a daily showings. Most of my jewelry was put in the safe deposit box, but I still had this set. For whatever reason, I put them in a little jewelry box, and then into a shopping bag in my closet. The contents of the bag was for donation, but it never made it out of the house. That is, until moving day, when the packers put the bag into a box and the box on the truck. That's right, my "lost" jewelry made the trek across the country. I found it about three months after we moved in. The earrings were a college grad gift and the pendant had been my mothers. I cried when I opened that box!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    This evening I tossed a book of stamps that I had just bought into the trash (I found them later, with egg yolks on them).
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can't think of anything specific at the moment, but I throw everything away.

It's become a joke in my house.

"have you seen my shoes?" "maybe you threw them away"

"where are my keys?" "did you throw them away?"

you get the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    A 7 page report on Animal Farm. It was the required summer reading for my Honors English class and if it wasn't turned in on the first day of school you failed.

I called my mom, got her to print out another copy, go buy a report binder, and rush it to the school. I got it in on time. :D
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    oh my gosh so many things!!!

can't think of many specific things except this one: a bag full of insect samples i collected during the last field season. i realized there were bug bags in there right as i was about to pitch it. that would've been bad!
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    My keys. On more than one occasion, sadly. I think it was my brain's sneaky way of trying to get me to stay home from work. ;)

I've also tossed out my chapstick a few times.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    A prescription for my birth control.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    my wallet with 40 dollars and my drivers license in high school...didn't get it back either. :sad11:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I threw away my son's birth certificate.
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my life... im trying to get a much better one.
  • AmdaAmda Posts: 251Registered Users
    My orthodontic retainers. I had them wrapped up in a tissue while I was brushing my teeth and just threw them out with all the usual morning routine rubbish.

The worst part? I had to fish them out of the bin that night, when I discovered they were missing, and put them back in my mouth.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Oh! I remembered another one. ((I am the queen of throwing things out on accident.))

A brand new CHI Turbo that I use on my bangs. Thankfully, as soon as I threw out the box I realized that it was in there and could get it out. I'm still trying to figure out why my mom would put it back in the box....:dontknow:
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Critical medicine. It was in a container in a paper bag and I was virtuously cleaning up and throwing out unneeded stuff. Fortunately, I had some spare meds until I could get another prescription. I was so mad at myself.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The remote opener for my garage door. I was moving and was supposed to leave it in the kitchen drawer for the new owners. When they called and asked for it, a distinct memory of throwing it into the dumpster flashed through my mind. I blame it on stress.

I don't have a big throwing-away-problem. I have a big NOT-throwing-away-problem. I seem to accumulate too much stuff because I don't throw anything away...I'm afraid I might need it someday. :roll:
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    We nearly threw away my cat. We were moving out of our apartment and the sofa was bound for the dump. It was outside and in the truck when we discovered my cat was hiding inside of the arm. (he gets anxious when strangers are in the house, and we had friends there helping us move). When I couldn't find him in the apartment my husband and my friend searched the sofa.
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    gemini wrote: »
    We nearly threw away my cat. We were moving out of our apartment and the sofa was bound for the dump. It was outside and in the truck when we discovered my cat was hiding inside of the arm. (he gets anxious when strangers are in the house, and we had friends there helping us move). When I couldn't find him in the apartment my husband and my friend searched the sofa.

This is what I'm afraid of when we move in a couple of weeks! My cat loves to hide inside the couch (underneath), plus, with all the boxes lying around, she has to go in all of them (I mean lay in them).

I thought I was going to win with my post, but I think yours wins unless someone threw out the baby with the bathwater ;)

I threw away my wedding ring. It was a simple gold band with an inscription. I used to take it off when I did things like wash dishes, wash my hands at home, and overnight. I just don't find rings comfortable. So what happened was, I took it off and put it in my pocket. I think it was wrapped in a paper towel (probably it was damp because I forgot to take it off when washing my hands).

Have you ever had that feeling, like, this is stupid, why am I doing it? Then you do it anyway? I threw away the paper towel away without thinking about it, thinking it was just junk. I didn't realize the ring was missing until the next morning. I went through all the garbage, looked everywhere, but couldn't find it. I stopped short of climbing into the dumpster, although others have done that when looking for something.

I guess the only good thing is that it wasn't expensive. It just had sentimental value and I felt like an idiot for losing it.

I guess it runs in the family. My dad once threw away his teeth. Well, sort of. He put his bridge in a paper cup overnight (another duh, why) at the hotel, then went out to breakfast without it. When we returned, the maids had cleaned the room and threw them away! They looked everywhere, including the dumpster, but the bridge was gone.

It seems like putting things in paper towels, tissue, and paper bags (or plastic cups) are causing many of these problems. I wish I would stop doing that ;)

:cat:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Textbooks that combined, I could have gotten over $100 back on.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not so much me and not so much accidentally as mindlessly... my mom throws out ev-er-y-thing. She's throw out money, gift certificates, coupons, homework assignments, paperwork, clothing, books, CDs, videos, food that hadn't gone bad. She also hides things so effectively that they're as good as thrown out. God bless her...
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    $250 - it was wrapped in a plastic grocery bag and my daughter threw it out thinking it was trash

retainer - my daughter wrapped her retainer in a paper towel and i thought it was trash

my daughter's father's calendar - the only proof of her father's brief modeling career; he was mr. may...but it got thrown out when we moved.

none of the above was ever recovered.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Years ago, I mindlessly threw away a Dooney & Burke planner that matched my purse. :(

I accidentally tossed my garage door opener in the dumpster at my condo. Two thoughts when through my mind:

1. Who could I ask to get it out for me? Um, no one;and
    2. I felt like Stephanie Plum when I had to climb in the dumpster to dig for it.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    I have thrown away silverware accidentally a few times.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Retainers.

I found them, though!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users

Oh my, thank goodness you figured it out in time! Poor baby...

I can't think of too many things... my friend threw out her retainer when she was at my house- or maybe my Mom did, thinking it was garbage (it was wrapped in tissue), I can't remember. Thankfully we found it in time.

I may have thrown out the pretty garters my Mom made me for my wedding (I didn't do a toss)... I haven't been able to find them since we moved, but it's possible they're hidden away somewhere. I guess I'll find out on our next move, lol.

I've used the "oh no, we lost it/broke it during the move!" excuse, when people wonder why their 'lovely' presents aren't displayed in our home. lol
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    OBB wrote: »
    my life... im trying to get a much better one.
    :silent:

My Charlie's Angels trading cards... :cwm10:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    Years ago, I mindlessly threw away a Dooney & Burke planner that matched my purse. :(

I accidentally tossed my garage door opener in the dumpster at my condo. Two thoughts when through my mind:

1. Who could I ask to get it out for me? Um, no one;and
    2. I felt like Stephanie Plum when I had to climb in the dumpster to dig for it.
    lol @ Stephanie Plum...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I briefly lost my wedding ring while moving. It fell into an empty box. We found it before it got tossed into the dumpster, though.

I've also thrown away my debit card before. D'oh!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Gemini13 wrote: »

Oh my, thank goodness you figured it out in time! Poor baby...

I was a wreck when we couldn't find him and he looked completely wide eyed and terrified when they brought him back into the apartment (he is afraid of the outdoors!). After that, I put him inside of a carrier until the friend left and we were done for the day. I can't imagine what would have happened if he wound up at the dump. Given his mental issues, the cat never would have made it as a stray.
  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gemini13 wrote: »
    I've used the "oh no, we lost it/broke it during the move!" excuse, when people wonder why their 'lovely' presents aren't displayed in our home. lol

:lol:

Northern Colombia.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    My youth. :)
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The remote opener for my garage door. I was moving and was supposed to leave it in the kitchen drawer for the new owners. When they called and asked for it, a distinct memory of throwing it into the dumpster flashed through my mind. I blame it on stress.

I don't have a big throwing-away-problem. I have a big NOT-throwing-away-problem. I seem to accumulate too much stuff because I don't throw anything away...I'm afraid I might need it someday. :roll:

Me, too. And, your garage remote reminded me of another: Actually it's the husband's story. He through away two or three tv remotes when we were moving from NJ to CA. They were in the side pocket of the hideous reclining chair we had in the basement. I finally convinced him to get rid of the chair because there is 'no room' in this house for it. So, of course, it's my fault that we don't have a remote for the upstairs tv or dvd player. I don't care, the chair was UGLY.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file