Need advice on mixing two different shades of color

Proserpine79Proserpine79 Registered Users Posts: 13
I'm getting ready to dye my hair at home. I feel like I can't find the perfect shade. Has anyone mixed Natural Instincts color, Ion Color Brilliance (Sally's) or Revlon's Colorsilk? Do you recommend this?
Cowash: Suave Rosemary Mint
Conditioner: AG Recoil Conditioner, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil
Clarifying Treatment: Lemon Juice once every two weeks
Leave in: AG Fast Food
Deep Treatment: Phyto Intense Nutrition Mask, Homemade Hot Oil treatment,
Products: LA Looks sports gel, AG Recoil

Comments

• crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    I've never mixed those brands.
    But I have mixed Robert Craig's color. It's a great product and their customer service is amazing. You can call or email and ask questions about mixing color or any other hair coloring question you may have.
    Many on this site use Robert Craig and have been very happy with it.

www.robertcraig.com
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    I've mixed Wella colors and they've always turned out great.

I wouldn't recommend trying this with a box color, because it is helpful to have an accurate assessment of the color's tone (red, red-violet, violet, natural, ash/green, etc.) and I wouldn't necessarily trust the basic W, C and N (warm, cool and natural) that you typically find on box colors. Granted, you could also use your eyeballs but again, I don't personally trust the box photos, either.

I think Ion colors have the tone breakdown on the box so if you're wanting to franken your hair color that's the route I'd recommend. Just make sure that you're mixing complementary color tones and have a good concept of the tonality of the color you're trying to attain. :glasses8:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file