Itchy scalp?

angelyxangelyx Registered Users Posts: 35
I find that when I was my hair in conditioner, it gets really itchy afterwards. Sometimes I just wash my hair with shampoo to get rid of the itch, but is this normal?!
3A/B.
Conditioner: Suave Naturals : Tropical Coconut. Herbal Essences - Totally Twisted, Salle Conditioner
Styling Products: GOT 2 B - CURL VACIOUS - Curl Creme & Aloe Vera Gel

http://public.fotki.com/angelyx/

Password: Curls

Comments

• LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    How long have you been doing CG? When I first started I had an itchy scalp too. Tea tree oil worked wonders for me, and you can get a small bottle at Wal-Mart for about $4. I just gently massaged it into my scalp at night, and then made sure I scrubbed extra well the next morning. Your scalp can itch when you first start CG because your hair has become used to being dried by the shampoo. So... continuing to shampoo when your scalp itches only means it will continue to itch, and you're not really full CG. Some people have found it best to wean themselves off of shampoo by pooing every two days, every three to four, once a week, etc. until their scalp becomes fully used to no poo. I think I got lucky and didn't have a big problem quitting cold turkey, but that's not the case for most. HTH, and good luck going CG!
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    What conditioner are you using for CO? There could be something in the conditioner that's bothering your scalp. You might try another condish just to see if that's the issue.

eta: Just realized from your siggie that you're using suave coconut. Loved by many, but I know of a few people from another board who also got itchies from it.
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file