transition help.

justme16justme16 Registered Users Posts: 36
can somebody help me by tellling me how to take care of my hair while im transitioning. i mean like what products are good and things of that nature. im on a low budget so like moderately priced items that can be purchased at like wal mart or walgreens would be nice. thanks for the help. :)

-last relaxer in january

p.s. what stuff should i avoid doing/using
BC 10/5/12 after 4 months of transitioning!:afro:

event.png

Low Porosity, High Density, Coarse, 4a/4b

Current Products:
Tresemme Naturals 'Poo & Condish
Moisturizers: Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer,Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter,& BB Oil Moisturizer
Leave In: Cantu Leave-in

Searching for the best products for my hair

Comments

• ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Registered Users Posts: 72
    justme16 wrote: »
    can somebody help me by tellling me how to take care of my hair while im transitioning. i mean like what products are good and things of that nature. im on a low budget so like moderately priced items that can be purchased at like wal mart or walgreens would be nice. thanks for the help. :)

-last relaxer in january

p.s. what stuff should i avoid doing/using

Start by trying the CG method. I started by washing my hair less and using co-washing (cond. only) as my method of choice. Stop using things that have mineral oil or petroleum in them...they tend to dry our hair out.

As far as condishes go, try to start with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, VO5, Aussie or the like. Most of the condishes I use come from the drug store! I also started off using an oil to seal my ends (like Dr. Miracles or something), but I started using healthier oils (olive, etc.) once I started learning about hair health. Also, be wary (not necessarily totally avoid) of proteins (this is in most of the cond. I mention above). My hair likes the protein and I tend to not use protein in my weekly deep treatments. DT every week if you can. I think I started off with the Olive oil pak (found @ Rite Aid or any drug store).

Lastly, protective style it up if you can! That means roller sets, braids, twists, etc. Try as much as possible to keep heat out of it cause that will just damage it more. There is so much to learn and by reading the other hair boards, that should help even more. HTH and good luck!

11 months post
  • ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Registered Users Posts: 72
    Oh, btw CVS has VO5 for .77 this week in my area! Check it out if you can!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file