Review: Dove Ultimate Clear Anit-Perispant/Deodorant

one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
I am very dissapointed in this. Dove claims that it "stays on skin, not clothes" but it doesn't work. Don't waste your money on this.

:arrow: Likes:
-it did work OK as an aniperspirant, I've used a lot better

:arrow: Dislikes:
-Got on clothes
-Didn't deodorize (I have the frangrance free version though, that's all they had at the store.)
-I have to use a lot to keep sweat away (especially in sports)
-Doesn't go on clear
-Price. It was $5.00, other deodorants were 1.

Rating: :(

Rating System:
:cry: -horrible. This product did exact opposite of what it said.
:( -This product did nothing/mimimal
:? - This product was "eh". Did something.
:) - Yay! It actually did what it said, but it could be better
:D - WHOO HOOO! This is my HG!!! Awesome!!
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    oh! i've never discussed deodorant before! :lol: that's too bad it didn't work for you.. right now i have BAN sweet surrender. it smells good 8) i used to think the clear gel deodorants would work better but i like the sticks better.. even if they are kinda.. chalky. I've tried spray deodorants.. they're ok i don't have much to say about them. I've only tried it once and don't remember the outcome.
    3b-3c CG
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Registered Users Posts: 678
    I like unscented anti-perspirants. Right now I'm using ALMAY Fragrance Free Stay Dry "Hydro Solid" Anti-perspriant and Deoderant. It's a roll-on stick.

I have no idea what the "Hydro Solid" denotes but it doesn't stink, doesn't get on my clothes, and works pretty darn well. So well, that while it was on sale I went back to the drugstore to buy more. I'm a prettty heavy sweat-er so nothing is perfect but I really like this stuff.

I would give betweent the :) and :D on the rating system.
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I really like the Dove Ultimate clear. I got a sample, and I know I'll get more when it runs out. I don't like strong scents on deodorant, and this comes in unscented and very light scents. I thought it went on clear. The only time I got it on my shirt was when I put in on immediately after applying. Once it dries, it stays in place for me. I don't need a very strong anti-perspirant though, This might not work well for someone that needs something very strong.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • pinksugarpinksugar Registered Users Posts: 2,346 Curl Connoisseur
    I like the Dove Ultimate Clear too. I haven't noticed any white on my clothes. I also think it works better than Secret which I used forever until trying Dove. The powder scent isn't too strong.
  • one way streetone way street Registered Users Posts: 772
    That's weird, it came on white if I layered it on, which I do for sports and when I have P.E., I'll try waitng longer before putting my clothes on tomorrow.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • niknik Registered Users Posts: 109
    When Dove first came out with the deodorant it worked well for me. However after continued use I found it did not stand up to sweat well at all and by the end of the day it was gone! I am back to using good ole' Secret and love it!
    There will never be another you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file