So angry

dc05dc05 Posts: 275Registered Users
I am so angry with my relaxed ends right now. I feel like they are waging war.

I got fed up and did another mini-chop (about 1-1.5 inches, except for the sides because they are growing extremely slow!).

I took down my bun today and my ends were horrid! :neutral: and it wasnt my natural hair it was those darn relaxed ends :boxing:. I was like "are you serious right now!?" I got angry and dc'ed immediately lol. Got out of the shower and started snipping. I almost took off too much! (I need to be able to pull my hair back). ARGH I just cant wait until I can cut the rest of these suckers. *sigh*. Grow hair grow!
:blob8:24 Months Post Relaxer :blob8:

*Length : BSB (Below Shoulder Blade)/ Brastrap Length
*Long term goal: TB length (stretched of course)
*Short tern goal: Mid-back length (stretched -- by June 2011) / Shoulder length (FULL) curly:glasses2:

Comments

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow..sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Just keep up with your deep treatments...and I noticed you are in month 11 and you may cut at month 15..well you only have a little while left to go.

You might want to try smoothing conditioner on your ends and leaving it on there to help control those ends a bit before you pull it back..you could maybe tuck the ends under so they can't be seen in a bun ?
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • dc05dc05 Posts: 275Registered Users
    Wow..sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Just keep up with your deep treatments...and I noticed you are in month 11 and you may cut at month 15..well you only have a little while left to go.

You might want to try smoothing conditioner on your ends and leaving it on there to help control those ends a bit before you pull it back..you could maybe tuck the ends under so they can't be seen in a bun ?

Hey,

Yep when I wet bun I tuck my ends under. They look fine until I take down my hair to co wash and I look at my ends and they look a frizzy dry mess :angry6:. And it is only the last inch or so, so that is how i know it is the relaxed ends lol.

I got most of them off already in the back and in the middle. The top crown and sides have to stay for a while because like most people these areas are growing the slowest.

I tried adding some honey to these special areas when I do my honey rinse and leave it in over night but I think that might have made them worse!

What sent me over the edge was that I noticed the stark contrast between my silky shiny moisturized natural hair and those ratty ends ugh!

So I will take ur advice, I'm going to try and pay more attnetion to whatever ends are left after my cutting spree lol :laughing6: the only reason why they are bothering me is that I want to cut them but cant! (again I have to be able to tie my hair back daily).

I dont even think I will be able to completely bc @ 15 months because of my sides/crown! They are growing super slow. I am going to try and exercise and take care of the inside more and hopefully that will help give them a push.

*Short tern goal: Mid-back length (stretched -- by June 2011) / Shoulder length (FULL) curly:glasses2:
    :cussing:

:angry9:

they reared their ugly heads this morning again! lol o emm GEEEE.

*sigh*

I didn't even do anything wrong. :(

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awww... :(

You have to keep in mind though you are dealing with part natural hair.. part chemically treated. So there will be some struggles.

Is there anyway you can do maybe some sort of wet sets, twist or braid outs, or roller sets so you won't notice the ends ?

A lot of people that are transitioning do those sorts of styles so they won't see those ends...and if you do some of these styles properly they can last a few days so you won't have to mess with it a lot until you wash it.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    Awww... :(

You have to keep in mind though you are dealing with part natural hair.. part chemically treated. So there will be some struggles.

Is there anyway you can do maybe some sort of wet sets, twist or braid outs, or roller sets so you won't notice the ends ?

A lot of people that are transitioning do those sorts of styles so they won't see those ends...and if you do some of these styles properly they can last a few days so you won't have to mess with it a lot until you wash it.

Hey there.

Well maybe I can help by saying: I am mostly natural. The top/crown area has the most relaxed ends (about 2 inches or so) everything else is either completely bc'ed or has about an inch to go. I usually just do a wet bun (well ponytail that I pull through the holder) everyday. And with that you cant even tell that I have any relaxed ends at all, I look completely natural.

All I did yesterday was brush my hair back into the ponytail (like normal) that I wear at my nape...and the bottom half of my head was straight! :sad2: and I was like this is impossible, I have way too much natural hair for me to be experiencing this.

I don't beleive I can try any other style, just becauseof personal preference, I am not comfortable with my length right now which is why I have been keeping it tied back.

I understand whatyou are saying, trying to make the ends blend, but see they do normally! LOL. Just yesterday for some reason I was having some issues. I have to hang in there though :salut: I just needed to vent.

I am under a plastic cap right now. Did a honey rinse and then slathered on a cheapie conditioner. Ill rinse it out when I get home. I was too scared to do my hair this morning, I almost missed class because of my stupid ends going straight on me. I just honestly don't know what happened!

I even sectioned my hair last night to see how much relaxed hair was left, thiking maybe I underestimated but no, the back (from the ear down) is basically all bc'ed, middle about 1- 1.5 inches top crown about 2 inches. The sides have the most which is normal. So see? If I only have a few relaxed ends left why the heck when I brushed my hair yesterday it went straight!

The only thing I cant hink of is that I had way too much product in or something. I think my hair might be medium-fine (I thought it was medium-coarse)*sigh* which is going to caus a whole set of problems on its own, so maybe my hair doesnt like to be weighed down? *shrug*

Well see later lol

See I know im not crazy.

I just noticed that I am almost 12 months post (last relaxer was last march)! So i definately am mostly natural. Who the heck knows what happened the other day, maybe just a bad hair day... I was disturbed cause that hasnt happened in a while. *sigh* :confused:

ETA: okay ladies.

Problem is self induced smh lol. Nothing major. My issue has more so to do with technique more than anything else.

So here's whats different. length. The ends I cut were probably needed to help make a decent wet bun. Well. right now my hair is barely sl, which means its difficult to manipulate into a ponytail when wet because my hair is drawing up due to the curliness of it. When my hair was longer it was easier to pull back *duh* but now that its shorter (even though just by a little) when I was pulling my hair back into the holder I was dislodging my waves and they *looked straight* because they werent flat agaisnt my head.

So everyone knows when you slick curly hair down the curls are flat so your hair waves..because I had a fairly heavy product in the waves were more prone to look *straight* and also because I was pulling my hair out as I was putting it into the holder instead of keeping it flat against my head and putting it into the holder. I hope this makes sense.

Anyway problem is solved..kind of. Guess I am just at an awkward length plus I was using a farily heavy hold gel... fine-medium hair plus heavy gel is recipe for flattened curls, to the point of losing my texture. I was flipping out because I couldnt see my texture (i.e the waves) and to me that only happened when I had alot of relaxed ends left and because now I know for sure that I do not I thought i was going crazy lol.

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Re: Crunchy bunned hair ends

That happens to me also when I do a bun with an elastic. The last inch or so of hair is scraggly and dry. To remedy that try soaking your elastics in oil or use a satin scrunchy instead. Also moisturize the ends well before and after doing a bun.

Re: Straightened out hair on the sides/front

I have fine hair too and I can pull my hair straight with water on the front and sides. If I do a high pony or bun with damp hair it's guaranteed that my hair will not wave up, but be straight. This is just the nature of my hair, so maybe that is what's going on with you as well.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

That happens to me also when I do a bun with an elastic. The last inch or so of hair is scraggly and dry. To remedy that try soaking your elastics in oil or use a satin scrunchy instead. Also moisturize the ends well before and after doing a bun.

I have fine hair too and I can pull my hair straight with water on the front and sides. If I do a high pony or bun with damp hair it's guaranteed that my hair will not wave up, but be straight. This is just the nature of my hair, so maybe that is what's going on with you as well.

Gooood info thank you so much. Ive heard of the oil elastic band thing..

I think that might be part of my problem. Finer hair than I expected... Ive seen ur fotki and my hair is not that fine. However, I do believe its between fine and medium so a combination of soaking wet hair plus fairly heavy product might have been the culprit, like today I tried using less gel and it was absolutely fine. I dunno what went on the other day lol thanx again for the advice!

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    dc05 wrote: »
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

Gooood info thank you so much. Ive heard of the oil elastic band thing..

I think that might be part of my problem. Finer hair than I expected... Ive seen ur fotki and my hair is not that fine. However, I do believe its between fine and medium so a combination of soaking wet hair plus fairly heavy product might have been the culprit, like today I tried using less gel and it was absolutely fine. I dunno what went on the other day lol thanx again for the advice!

No prob.. glad to help. :)

Another option to prevent crunchy ends is to do a non-bun bun/aka messy bun, where you leave the ends of the hair sticking out of your bun. That way the ends are not being messed with at all.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file