It's finally got me: Dry hair

FreshlyCurlGirlFreshlyCurlGirl Registered Users Posts: 37
Yesterday I decided to wash my hair again 'cause I used gel to pull it back for a puff. I thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have to worry about retaining moisture because my hair always feels soft even if I use shampoo (which I haven't since month 1). I turns out I was wrong, lol. I woke up this morning and my hair fairly crackled with dryness. I tried for 20 min (usually takes 5min) to fluff my hair out and it just would not fluff back out until I ran my head under some more water (which I never have to do). I did apply a little bit of my moisturizer last night, but I don't like to use it when my hair is wet because It frizzes up horribly. And If I do any manipulation or even touch my hair at the front it frizzes and/or goes straight. I think I've reached the point where I need a spray moisturizer that I can use more often and absorbs into my hair and doesn't require as much rubbing in as my current one. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just make my own? What ingredients should I look out for? I've heard some interesting things about vegi glycerin.(Remember: My hair isn't really sensitive so don't be shy when suggesting products.)
Oh! Also: Does anyone else have the kind of hair that goes straight when it is manipulated? What do you usally do with it? It's driving me nuts!:sad10:
4a on sides/3c on the top and middle
LOIS:OS hair pattern, (Cottony?) texture.
Porosity:Normal-Porous
Products
Clarify/ Wash: Wen sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner
Reg poo:VO5 strawberry and cream
Co wash: Mane n' tail deep conditioner
Moisturizers: Shea butter/ Olive oil/ Texture my way Curl Keeping Moisturizing Hair Lotion
event.png

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    Head Sprung from HerbNLife is the best leave-in I have used. It's glycerin free, and is very moisturizing, yet does not spray on white like some other more moisturizing leave-ins.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    Why is the icon for this thread a smiling face? Dry hair is no laughing matter! lol

A lot of people like Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (it's a really thick spray). I'm having the same problem and I just bought it today. I also bought KCKnot TodayI haven't tried the mist yet, but I have tried KCKT and I like it.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • FreshlyCurlGirlFreshlyCurlGirl Registered Users Posts: 37
    Why is the icon for this thread a smiling face? Dry hair is no laughing matter! lol

Lol! I was just wondering the same thing! I specifically remember not putting any icon up for this thread. Hmm, curious.
    Anyway Thanks for the sugg guys! Keep 'em coming!!
    4a on sides/3c on the top and middle
    LOIS:OS hair pattern, (Cottony?) texture.
    Porosity:Normal-Porous
    Products
    Clarify/ Wash: Wen sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner
    Reg poo:VO5 strawberry and cream
    Co wash: Mane n' tail deep conditioner
    Moisturizers: Shea butter/ Olive oil/ Texture my way Curl Keeping Moisturizing Hair Lotion
    event.png
  • ama.jeanama.jean Registered Users Posts: 25
    I know exactly what you are going through. Currently, I am suffering from dry hair. I took the same initiative as you and posted a topic about this. The ladies recommened that I co wash, deep conditioner (maybe with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for less than 30 mins), leave in conditioner and seal it in with an oil. Recently, I bought unrefined shea butter, dabur vatika oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, and african herbal oil. I combined everything together. I whipped the oils with the unrefined shea butter. When I was finished it looked like vanilla cake mix. When I tried it on my hair it left my hair shiny and moisterized. The young lady who gave me this idea suggested that I use it as a daily moisturizer and a deep conditioner.

For my leave in I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Kinky Curly Knot Today[/buylink].
    I bought my shea butter from nasaabb.com
    Ama Jean
    4a: VERY Thick, VERY Curly
    add me on facebook: Ama Jean
    Co Wash: Suave Natural Coconut
    Deep Conditioner
    : Unrefined shea butter (nasabb.com), jojoba oil, olive oil, vatika dabur oil, Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
    Leave in conditioner: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Moisturizer
    : Same as deep conditioner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ghana.gif
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Head Sprung from HerbNLife is the best leave-in I have used. It's glycerin free, and is very moisturizing, yet does not spray on white like some other more moisturizing leave-ins.

I agree with this. I have YET to find another spray daily moisturizer that works as well, let alone better. The scent is very strong...and that's a turn-off to many. But if you can take the smell (I like it), the product is outstanding.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not sure if it was my deep condition with AO Honeysuckle Rose, use of my Denman, or the fact that I never dry my hair with a tshirt after I get out the shower and did today (I need to now - I have too much hair! But that's good :)), but my hair felt dull and sad. Usually after I apply Elucence when my hair is wet it feels like butter. Bleh.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file