IKEA

spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
We might be going tomorrow because I want one of these:
10751_PE087616_S3.jpg

It's only 15 minutes from us, but we rarely go because we can't just go in and NOT browse for an hour or more.

So, has anyone gotten anything cool from there lately that I should check out while I'm there? Please, enable me! :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like my birch dresser from IKEA, but the best thing of all is their cinnamon rolls.

Also wool rugs, wine glasses (red), and lamps.
  • lodylody Posts: 334Registered Users
    I like my helmer drawer set :D and of course the expedit shelves, the pretty cups and such, the laamps... etc etc ;)
    3a in Paris
    I use:
    Garnier Ultra Doux conditioners
    High in glycerin conditioners
    As much gel as possible
    Testing out flax seed gel
    Plopping, for around 30 minutes
    Pixiecurl drying
    Pineappling

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2 bookcases
    1 dresser
    1 chest of drawers
    2 bedside lamps
    1 bedding foundation
    TV stand that I love
    couch
    2 chairs
    ottoman

That's the big stuff and a few other small things. I got some of it from Craig's List though! Yeah, I really don't need to go tomorrow. :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Little cheap things I like:
    - The cheese grater that comes with a bowl and cover so I can grate cheese into the bowl and keep in in the fridge

- Glass jars that I keep dog cookies in

- Plain white bath rugs that I can wash to death and not care if they wear out because they're only $10

- Dish towels with the loop on one end so they hang up easily on a hook

-
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i LOVE Ikea! when i was at my mom's for xmas, i got a lovely track light for my kitchen for only $20.

there is no Ikea here. the closest one is in Burlington, Ontario - about 90 minutes away. after that, there's the one near my mom.

and i suppose we could consider the one in Detroit, though it's 2.5 hours just to get to the border, then you have to wait to get across, make your way across the city and do it all over again to get home!

:D

they use the excuse that we're too close to the stores in Burlington and Detroit to get a store of our own here in London.

*sigh*
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love IKEA.

That is all.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would think it would be impossible to go in that store and not spend at least 2 hours. And get the 99 cent breakfast.:happy8: It ain't great but it's only 99 cents.

We got frames from there and picture racks.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My kitchen is from IKEA. I love it!

I still have some credits I need to use there and I'm thinking about getting a new chair. They have some nice art work too.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    If I don't get to go tomorrow I may cry. This thread has hyped me up. :love10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    my girls have the 3 drawer chest and the wardrobe in blue of this series:
    mammut

the leaf canopy:
    leaf

and a large orange seahorse wall lamp, that I can't find.

My husband and I have this bed in the black/brown:
    malm

some wooden/blue wall mounted lamps I can't find online.

My husband loves IKEA, and would go often if it wasn't an hour and a half away and I keep denying him.

Their stuff is great, and I love that it's priced reasonably, but dang that stuff is falling apart often.

The drawers are crooked and wonky and need to be fixed on both dressers of my girls. And me and my husbands bed is just completely effed. The wooden frame on the outside is good, but the metal supports underneath we have totally destroyed. Seriously, now it's like about 1/2 the time we get into bed and every time we try to have sex, the whole think goes ker-plunk right to the floor.

I don't blame IKEA. I blame the fact that I insist on rearranging furniture monthly and the constant moving loosens all the bolts.

I could go online now and find a million things I want for our house. In fact, If I bring this thread up to hubbs tomorrow, I promise he will be surfing the website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    My house is FULL of ikea. Furniture, decorations, rugs, housewares, pictures, plants, pots, tons of stuff. I love that store and it's just so fun to go there.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I have an Expedit bookcase (the 5x5 one), a Lack coffee table, a leather Kramfors sofa, two Traby units that I use as end tables, the whole Lillangen system in one of my bathrooms, and a bunch of kitchen gadgets and glassware.

I love Ikea!

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the only furniture I have that's not from IKEA are the bed frames.

I was there yesterday, I got a cabinet that I'm going to convert into a kitty litter tray cabinet. I'm sick of litter all over the place and seeing the poop box. I'm sure Ed will appreciate the privacy too.

I also got a new picture frame thats going to have a change done to it, I need to trim the mount to show more of the pictures.

I forgot to get the Expedit drawers to put in the shelving units I have. So I have an excuse to go back. I also want a Malm set of drawers. I wanted the dressing table but the oak one is constant out of stock at my IKEA so I'm getting the drawers instead.

I love their bargain corner - I bought my dining table, klippan sofa, poang armchair and klippan cover there. And it's all in near perfect condition and I got them each at a big discount!

In short I love IKEA.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Unfortunately for me the IKEA is just right around the corner from me (5-10 min) so I am there quite often.

I have a bunch of stuff..

Kitchen - Dish Brushes, Root Beer Mugs, Silverware, Pot Holders, cheap frying pans, Throw Rugs

Furniture - I love the MALM bureau's lately they have been making them more solid and not as flimsy. I have one for hubby and one for the little man.

the only downside IMO.. is that in some of the cases you get what you pay for.. some of the products are MDF board so if you get water on them (that soaks in) and starts to peel.. esp. with the brand called "LACK"
    but they do have nicer made stuff...
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    iroc wrote: »
    My husband loves IKEA, and would go often if it wasn't an hour and a half away and I keep denying him.

That is us too-thank goodness in a sort of good and bad way. But this thread is making me want to go.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    it took 15 years for my LACK tables to start showing wear and tear. but i've got some ideas for how to get more use out of them from this website:

http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    xcptnl wrote: »
    iroc wrote: »

That is us too-thank goodness in a sort of good and bad way. But this thread is making me want to go.

Me too, and me too.

On one side it stinks because we miss out on all the small
    kitchen utensily stuff in the front of the store. The stuff in bins
    that's always wicked cheap. When we go we usually have a plan
    and buy the big furniturey stuff.

Then again, as I said, my husband would be there daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You know what, I really like Ikea too! But I don't like that people can just point out my Ikea items!!! Like, gosh!!!! "are you an Ikea stalker?!" LOL.

BUT, I do have a Lack table for my 46in LCD tv, I have a Tylosand couch, I have a bunch of kitchen du-dads in the kitchen, Malm bed along with the Malm 3 piece head board, few lamps, and some other misc items here and there.

I'm going to Ikea next week and I want to get 3 2X4 expedit. 2 to go beside my tvs and one to place horizontally under my living room window... I may be able to compromise on the third one, but we'll see :). Need some picture frames, some curtain rods, and little decorative things :). I'm pretty psyched too!!!!

AND YOU MUST GET THE PIZZA!!! I LOVE their pizza. So simple and delicious.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
    Today's the day! :blob5:

It's fun to see hear what everyone else has and that they enjoy going too. My DH usually gives me crap about having to go (I just hate going alone, what fun is that?!), but once we get in there he takes more time looking at stuff than I do. :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hope you enjoy your visit and get lots of stuff! I've spent waaay too much time there the last couple of weeks and have 4 boxes in my hallway atm - two have a desk in them and the other two are drawer inserts for the expedit bookshelf that I have to go back for next week as they were out of stock. They're for my oldest son's room.

I have lots of bits and pieces around the house, enough for my mum to comment on how much money Ikea were making out of me last time she came to visit!

We had to wait a long time after the rest of Australia, but it was a happy day when Ikea came to Adelaide.
    3b in South Australia.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,724Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Can you spot any Ikea stuff in these 2 rooms? : )

Living room - coffee table, end table, floor lamp, tv stand, wall shelves, and even the bamboo used for the picture framing and crown molding.

Dining room - table, chairs, desk, desk chair, bookshelves, and both lamps. And if you peek into the far corner of the kitchen you can glimpse some of the dozens of glass herb/spice jars.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have that coffee table!
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want to get some shelving for my room from there. I can't believe nobody has mentioned their frozen yogurt! It's only $1 and it's soooo good.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    spring1onu wrote: »
    Today's the day! :blob5:

It's fun to see hear what everyone else has and that they enjoy going too. My DH usually gives me crap about having to go (I just hate going alone, what fun is that?!), but once we get in there he takes more time looking at stuff than I do. :lol:

I was there yesterday too! Maybe we passed by each other :)
    Munchy wrote: »
    I was there yesterday too! Maybe we passed by each other :)

Dang, girl! I can tell you that we didn't...because I was so excited about going I jinxed myself by posting this thread and we ended up not being able to go. :disgust: My hubby ended up working on something longer than he anticipated at work (which is really close to Ikea so I went with him) so by the time he finished it was just too late to go. We have another day planned to go that's during the week though which will be less crowded. I was sad, but really thrilled he finished this project because it's a huge weight off his shoulders so the day wasn't all bad. :D And we were there so long I finished an entire book! :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    malm

Tell me, do you need a box spring with this sort of bed or do you just have a mattress on top of the slats?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

FreeCurls wrote: »
    malm

Tell me, do you need a box spring with this sort of bed or do you just have a mattress on top of the slats?

just the mattress on top of the slats. A tip though, make sure you get the slats they recommend. It's not worth it to go for the less expensive version. It doesn't hold up as well. We have an IKEA mattress too, but didn't get the cushion topper for it, which they also recommended (When I say 'recommend' I mean the suggestions on the chart next to the product). Apparently IKEA knows what its talking about. We regretted not doing both things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FreeCurls wrote: »
    malm

Do you feel like your bed sits low???? CAUSE I FREAKING DO!!! But I discovered that the knobs that were installed for the Slats were placed on the lower sets of holes instead of the higher set of holes, which is why my matress sits low. I need SO to correct this because it drives me crazy! A box would be too high (unless you find a thinner box spring).
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the food and the people-watching are as good as anything else there! Haha!
    2C/3A -- wurly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file