So i straightned my hair! *Pics* (UPDATE)

MslizziaMslizzia Posts: 600Registered Users
Despite all the warnings, all the mistakes that everyone else made, i manage to do the exact same thing :ohwell: I used too much Sabino :wallbash:...

But nonetheless i straightened my hair and here are the results. Im def gonna try this again but with less sabino. I mean damn i only used a quarter sized amount.....
DSCN0805-vi.jpg
DSCN0808-vi.jpg
DSCN0801-vi.jpg
DSCN0804-vi.jpg

What have i learned from this?

• A dime size amount of Sabino is enough for my whole head!
  • I need to work on better moisturizing my ends
  • Wrapping my hair wet before straightening it is the best!
  • Im in love with my Maxiglide
Yep! That's about it. Since i don't like the way that this came out, i am going to Bantu Knot it out while its str8 :grin:. One thing that i love about my hair is that i can always save a style gone wrong :drunk:.

I do have 1 question though, who do i keep my bantu knot out fresh once i so it?

**UPDATE***

So since i didn't like the way it came out when i straightened it, i did end up doing the Bantu Knot Out and these are my results

DSCN0817-vi.jpg
DSCN08262-vi.jpg
DSCN0824-vi.jpg

Comments

• pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    It has great sheen and body. Being on LHCF is making me want to straighten for my 2 year length check lol. Did you decide to do the bantu knots?
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • MslizziaMslizzia Posts: 600Registered Users
    It has great sheen and body. Being on LHCF is making me want to straighten for my 2 year length check lol. Did you decide to do the bantu knots?
    Yep i sure did...
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Your hair looks really thick and shiny. I love! :angel8:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Posts: 72Registered Users
    Mslizzia wrote: »
    updated! :D

The bantu knot out is the bizness on you! I love it! The straight hair looked good, but this gave it some flair!

The bantu knot out is the bizness on you! I love it! The straight hair looked good, but this gave it some flair!
    As paranoid as i am about heat damage, i am so glad that i did straightened it because it showed me that i really need to pay closer attention to my ends. N thanks so much!

P.S i wasn't feeling my hair straight because it didn't come out like i wanted it to so i just did the bantu knots
  • h2wQueenh2wQueen Posts: 551Registered Users
    Hey first of all your hair looks great.

Really nice flip of the press from into the bantu knot do.

Also, I concur that pressing it out shows you alot about the condition of your hair. I noticed that when i pressed my hair in January, that i needed to pay more attention to my dryness issue. When you press, the more puff frizz you see, the more you know you need moisture.
    "We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie
  • maybejadeymaybejadey Posts: 198Registered Users
    Hair looks great! Loving the bantu knot out results. =)
    Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
    :Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

• kalanekalane Posts: 424Registered Users

ktip_transitioner is right. those bantu knots are on point.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file