{if $User.SignedIn} {literal}
{$User.Name}
{/literal} {/if}

6 day Hair

Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I see many of us wanting 2,3 and the coveted 5 day hair. Tee hee hee. I was experimenting with shealoe + coconut oil and made it to 6 days on the same wash and go.
To truly test the affects, I did my regular hr plus gym visit (I go about 4-5 days a week). I even went hatless in the snow. And still it lasted. I didn't even have to reapply moisture. My ends remained soft and smooth. At night I wore my silk scarf and fluffed in the morning. I don't fluff like most people. I lean forward and shake my head a few times and then if needed grab sections gently pull apart. I only re-applied shealoe to the front of my hair that was laying down.

After doing a wash and DT. I sectioned my hair and applied coconut oil and shealoe in sections and then pinned each section at the root with a bobby pin. After I finished my hair was fairly damp and I put the scarf on. So my hair wouldn't get smashed the section on the perimeter of my hair I pinned them upwards so the hair wouldn't lay flat in the morning.

Pictures are in the Feb. Fotki (at the end).
confused curls
addicted to henna

Fotki

Comments

• Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    whats your shealoe receipe??
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    unrefined shea and jason's avg. I heat the shea a little to soften it and then let it cool at room temperature.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • Keeps_shrinkingKeeps_shrinking Posts: 37Registered Users
    Wow! You manage to go to the gym 4/5 times a week! Good for you! That's a lot of commitment. I really have to start working out more regularly as well....

The 6 days hair routine sounds great! I always maintain my wash n go for 6/7 days untill I wash and DT (or henna) again, but I have to admit from the 4th day on, my hair looks like a lot of &%$#&!! Some how it seems like my hair won't absorp any new product those last days, it's kind of dry and the moisture I try to put in, just sits on my hair. So the last couple of days I normally just pull my hair back and wait for the weekend to start so I can make time to wash and DT. Like you said to coconut works great for me as well, but it might be the shealoe combo that will do the trick for me and keep my hair moisturized throughout the week ass well. I'm gonna try!
    3C, very fine (and fragile) hair

Wash:Rhassoul, once every 1 or 2 weeks
    Condition: AO Honeysuckle Rose
    DT: Jessicurl weekly deep conditioning treatment
    Henna: once every 2 weeks
    Leave in: Yes to cucumbers

On s'en fou!

Yes I'm Dutch, yes my hair is kinky, start dealing with it!
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you. Trying to lose this jiggle in the middles and every north and south of that.

I think the gel in the aloe is what is hold the hair. It and leaves the hair nice and soft. If it can make it through the gym and me sleeping (I sleep wild unfortunately) then it's good. I didn't think it would last that long. The surprising thing is that it dried over night when I was sleeping and didn't get smushed or anything.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I have so far managed 3 day hair, its that coconut oil it keeps your hair frizzy, I don't even have to use a scarf or anything to cover my hair for bed, I only washed it becuase i had worked out(I work out 5 days a week too) so now that I went 3 days with out(family in town) I'm back on my normal schedule, my hair maintained during volleyball so maybe just maybe I can get 3 days with gym time. A girl can dream right?
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    anything is possible... but coconut oil makes your hair frizzy? hmmm it does the complete opposite for me. It has actually increased my hold. I have used it with just shea and seen great results. And I'm lazy I try to hold a style for 4-6 days. I've used the coconut oil with the shealoe and seen great results for a wash and go. When I use it with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] the results are unbelievable. I owe all my hair progress since Nov. to coconut oil, rhassoul clay and honey. They are my three musketeers.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    That's great! I think my hair is still to short to get more than two days out of a washngo. Coconut oil makes my hair frizz like crazy too. I still use it though, but only when I'm protective styling.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file