Growing out my inverted bob...give me strength!

girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Posts: 155Registered Users
I started the CG way about 5 weeks ago! So far, pretty frustrating, but I'm learning & making progress...so sticking w/ it.

My current issue is that I'm trying to grow out my inverted bob...its very stacked & short in the back...longer on the sides. Looked great when I was straightening it...not so much now.

Haven't had it cut in about 10 weeks...going for a trim next week.

Any tips for being patient while growing out to a longer style?

tia
3b/med porosity
LoPoo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
Rinse Out: Treseme Naturals
Leave in: Trader Joes Nourishing condish

Current Favs: Naturelle - Biotera Curl Cream & Biotera Styling Glaze

Comments

• poemaXXpoemaXX Posts: 456Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hope your trim went well! Having a nice shape for growing it out makes it all the better.

I'd say to have fun getting familiar with your curl-type and why stop there? Try out new make-up as well; a short style brings a lot of attention to your face, so show it off and look your best. :)
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wear my hair in an inverted bob--sometimes the "stack" is more severe than others. Maybe yours wasn't cut to wear it curly?? When you get it trimmed maybe your stylist can layer so you can wear it curly and your hair can look great growing out. I've worn mine from chin length to shoulder length (started longer and went shorter.) You can let the stack grow out, while it's growing longer. There's no reason why it shouldn't look great curly while growing out. Lots of people were curly bobs--inverted or not.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Posts: 155Registered Users
    I go next week for my trim...haven't gone yet.

I think my issue is that the top layers are just so short & tight in the back that I don't like it & since it's been so long - the layers need blended a bit so they look better.

Hoping after the trim I'll feel better about it.
    3b/med porosity

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good luck.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
  • girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Posts: 155Registered Users
    I have called around to salons in my area & so far, have not found any stylists that are geared towards curly hair. I've even called and asked if they had a stylist w/ curly hair that actually wears her hair curly...again, no luck.

My stylist is wonderful though and will work w/ me to use only sulfate & cone free products...so she is on board & I emailed her a pic of the style I'm working towards...so I'm very happy w/ her willingness to work w/ me!

Thanks all! I'll post a pic after my cut next week.
    3b/med porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file