Opinions on Re:Coil & Curl Keeper Combo

larrymoe&melarrymoe&me Posts: 23Registered Users
I've read the reviews on both [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:Coil[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and it seems that those who liked the products, used them together. Are these products really that great? Is there anyone who did NOT like either product?

I'm currently using Giovanni leave-in, FOTE aloe gel mixed with BRHG and I'm just getting a little bored. I wanted to try these new products but they aren't cheap. TIA!
3a/b - If I only knew then what I know now about my hair, it would've been so much easier!

DevaCurl: No Poo, One Condition, Ultra Defining Gel, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (deep conditioner)

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd like to hear replies to this, too. I have used CurlKeeper, and I bought the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink] recently as I also saw the combo worked for many. Since I've been using the new CJ products and some other new buys, like the FSG byBB, I haven't gotten to try it yet.

But I sure would love to hear both pros and cons and, more specifically, how you used it (as it may work better one way than the other).
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    These are probably love/hate products. Only thing CK did for me was make my scalp burn--I was obviously allergic to something in it. Didn't do anything for frizz. I didn't find Re: Coil to be anything special. I swapped it away.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    I was introduced to CK a while ago on here - a wonderful curly actually was so convinced with the product that she sent me some - amazing! she was right - it worked! BUT I can't use anything with CK, no leave in, no other products and I have to use A LOT of it - LOTS! I think it's also better in the spring and summer time - when it can actually trap and lock in moisture...it's definitely worth the experiment to see if it may work for you!
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • divamisstdivamisst Posts: 293Registered Users
    3b :hello2:
    co-wash: suave naturals coconut conditioner, DB pumpkin seed conditioner
    rinse out: garnier triple nutrition
    leave in: garnier triple nutrition, kckt
    stylers: HETT, AOMM, BRHG, AG Re:Coil, Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets, CJ Curl Fuel, HairVeda CoCasta Shikakai Oil, DB Natural Coils Curling Jelly, DB Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding, KCCC.....CHS Curl Keeper (doesn't seem to like the Iowa winter though LOL)
    want to try: EVERYTHING!! (you guys are turning me into a big-time PJ!)
  • larrymoe&melarrymoe&me Posts: 23Registered Users
    So, I've been using Re: Coil and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and while my curls are nice, they are different - thinner and "stringy" for lack of a better term. I like my curls chunky/clumpier, which is what I get with a thicker gel. The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] is thin and I think that's the thing. Also, you don't get a lot of shrinkage, which for some is a plus but for me, not so much. I like my curls really loopy and tighter.

What I also found was that I've started breaking out on my face with these two products. I do the CG routine so I don't 'poo more than twice a week.

As a side note, I went to the Curly Hair Solutions site and apparently you are supposed to wait 15 minutes after applying [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] before using a diffuser, giving your hair time to set. This is true, my curls were nicer if I did wait but being a mom to a 19-month old, I don't have that kind of time. I need to get my hair done fast.

My opinion: good stuff but not for me.
    3a/b - If I only knew then what I know now about my hair, it would've been so much easier!

DevaCurl: No Poo, One Condition, Ultra Defining Gel, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (deep conditioner)
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    I absolutely love AG Recoil, it's my HG product, actually it's what first started me on my Curly Girl journey. Once my Upper Management Gel runs out, I think I'm going to buy the Curl Keeper (I needs lots of helps with frizz, and I've heard it goes great with the recoil! What more would I need?).
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    I've been dying to try these two products but I can't seem to bring myself to shell out the money without trying. Sigh.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file