Baby weave?

Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
24063_359495519186_623389186_4828419_6384305_n.jpg

My homegirl posted this on FB. I'm no Wendy Williams so I don't know anything about wigs or weaves or anything. But did they have to cut the wig or something to get it to fit the babie's head?
subbrock wrote: »
- don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    LOL, that was posted on here some time ago...I almost want to make it my avatar b/c it's so ridonkulous. I would guess they had to fit the weave to the baby's head...a sew in? I can't...
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    I didn't know it had already been posted. But really just wanted to know how the hell they got a little wig like that lol.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• robinlouiserobinlouise Registered Users Posts: 10
    that looks totally photoshopped (i hope!)
    4a w/ some 3c mixed in
    high porosity/medium texture
    co-wash: trader joe's nourish; HEHH
    leave-in: Giovanni or KCKT
    style: afroveda shea-amla (twists); KCCC wash-n-gos; coconut oil to seal; with a little qhemet biologics added every once in a while
    DC: Elasta QP DPR-11

natural since the 90s - on a mission to grow, and not give in to frustration and chop!
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Registered Users Posts: 4,151 Curl Connoisseur
    It's a lacefront, and yup....they likely had to cut it to fit the shape of her head. *smh*
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    tell me please, this is a joke :confused3:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Registered Users Posts: 177
    This is not a joke. There's an article here http://hellobeautiful.com/your-world/dbennett/wtf-mother-puts-lace-front-on-baby/ about how the mother got the lace-front wig made to match hers.... So sad. :sad11:
    life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
    Message me for my Tumblr.
    Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    OMG!!!!!!!! unbelievable
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't believe it.

But what a purty baby.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    my god.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • maybejadeymaybejadey Registered Users Posts: 198
    Yikes. That's disturbing.
    Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
    :Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

• curlyhersheygirlcurlyhersheygirl Registered Users Posts: 475
    :eek: I thought it was a joke. OMG I have no words.

event.png
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    turtles wrote: »
    my god.
    Bwahahaha!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    What I wanna know is...why did they make the wig down to her feet? No BSL? A nice bob?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Registered Users Posts: 177
    ellepixie wrote: »
    What I wanna know is...why did they make the wig down to her feet? No BSL? A nice bob?

OMG you had me cracking up with that comment! Hilarious! :laughing9:
    life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
    Message me for my Tumblr.
    Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Registered Users Posts: 372
    It looks like a baby version of my stepsister...I just showed my mom and stepdad...my mom laughed. And my stepdad just shook his head.
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Registered Users Posts: 791 Curl Neophyte
    ....:stop:
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • lashon20lashon20 Registered Users Posts: 1,150
    I remember this story, very sad.
    http://mynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com/

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Registered Users Posts: 793 Curl Neophyte
    looks like the beginning stages of emotional abuse.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Registered Users Posts: 5,136 Curl Connoisseur
    That is just horrible. I posted on the original thread, but that poor baby looks like a chinchilla with all of that hair. What baby has hair that long? And the hair looks so unnatural. Wouldn't it put too much weight on her head?

That is such a pretty baby. No baby needs to be altered. I know this may sound mean, but there are so many people who should never ever have kids because they set them up to have difficult lives.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • coracora Registered Users Posts: 456
    Well, I guess all I can say is, thank god the mom isn't trying to perm the baby's hair!
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte
    cora wrote: »
    Well, I guess all I can say is, thank god the mom isn't trying to perm the baby's hair!

Generally a lace front has to be glued to the skin around the face. IMO that's worse. If this is really true, I would categorize this as child abuse. Sorry, but that baby can't even walk yet. That's sick.
    comic-p.jpg
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424

Generally a lace front has to be glued to the skin around the face. IMO that's worse. If this is really true, I would categorize this as child abuse. Sorry, but that baby can't even walk yet. That's sick.

If the wig is tight enough you won't have to use to glue or tape, so I hope that's the case with this baby.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte
    kalane wrote: »

If the wig is tight enough you won't have to use to glue or tape, so I hope that's the case with this baby.

Oh I wasn't aware of that. That's good to know. But I went to the original site (SandraRose.com). It looks like glue on the edges of it. Either that or the lace wasn't cut off enough...there's something white there...
    lacefrontbab500.jpg
    comic-p.jpg
  • LuckyMeCandyLuckyMeCandy Registered Users Posts: 35
    ellepixie wrote: »

:toothy7:
    heheheheheheheheheeeeee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file