Alternating Kinky and Flat Iron

Hi Ladies, its me again with another question/issue. sorry it's so long but I like to be as detailed as possible so that my questions can get answered accurately.

I posted yesterday about moisturizing and growing my 4b type hair, but today I wanna know about alternating b/w kinky and silk pressing. I'm asking these questions because, I have a very dry scalp and I would like to make sure that I am still moisturizing my scalp, but I don't know if its okay to use moisture rich products when I am preparing for the silk press.

And just in case anyone has not heard of a silk press, it is just a simple wash and blow out, followed by flat ironing, then the hair is wrapped, just like the old wrap from the salon, then saran wrap is wrapped around your hair, you sit under the dryer for about 10-20 minutes and then you comb it down. I know it's probably done the same by majority of people but down here most salons call it a silk press. But it can be done at home with the right products and flat irons.

~Should I use completely different products when I do a silk press or can some of the products I use for my kinky styles be used for silk presses?

I think that some of the products that i use for my kinky style would be too oily for the silk press because it would only weigh my hair down, but I also think that I can still use some of them for my scalp and for heat protection-like a leave in conditioner.

1. Could i still use moisture rich shampoos and
conditioners for the silk press?
-e.g. TreasuredLocks H2G Awaken Emu Oil
Shampoo and the Conditioner

2. Are moisture rich leave in conditioners okay to
use? If not, what kind and are there any leave-ins
that are good for thermal styling?

3.Should I still apply shea butter moisturizers to my
scalp, and scalp only, before I start flat ironing it?
-And I am aware that I also have to use a heat
protectant on my hair before I flat iron it.

4. And is it even okay to alternate between going
with the "fro" and silk pressing, especially
with 4b type hair that is sensitive to breakage
and dry?

For my kinky styles/afro I choose to use:
~TreasuredLocks.com's H2G Awaken Emu Oil
Shampoo and the conditioner
~Still looking for a good moisture rich leave-in*open
to suggestions
~raw shea butter for my scalp
~and I'm still looking for a good oil/sealant too

I choose to use products that have little to no harsh ingredients for my kinky style/fro. I would like to do the same with the silk press, but most of the best products that you use for the silk press have those harsh ingredients but they produce a really good result of a silky and beautiful press out! Is it okay sometimes? I just want to make the right decisions on this because i want my hair to grow long and strong without hendering it with the wrong regimen or products. I need to know the best regimen for my kinky syle/afro and the best regimen for when I do silk presses.

H E L P M E P L E A S E ! ! ! AND THANK YOU:bounce:
4b type, looking for moisture and growth!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file