Help! New and have questions

sagersager Registered Users Posts: 2
I am a 3b I think, and have long hair. I've been doing no poo - just bs and acv, and occasionally jojoba oil - but now that the weather is getting cold my hair is much drier. I need some conditioner but I have a couple unique requirements - must be all natural and unscented - so I'm thinking about making my own.

My main question is what is the difference between conditioner only washing and conditioning? In cowashing do you just put the conditioner on your scalp?

When you say you cowash only once a week or whatever your schedule is, do you use any conditioner on the days off, or just water? If you just use water how do you dentangle your curls?

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Co-washing means actually cleaning your head with conditioner. Most people use a more liquidy cheap conditioner and rub it in like it's shampoo. After scrubbing with it, you would rinse it out b/c now it has any 'dirt' you washed off with it. For 'conditioning' most use a heavier conditioner and just apply it without scrubbing. At this point, a lot of people will detangle their hair. It's much easier to comb with lots of conditioner in your hair. As for natural, unscented conditioners, I have no clue. My only suggestion other than making your own would be to check out some health food stores or websites. Good luck!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • lazykerrilazykerri Registered Users Posts: 650
    Making your own is always good, however, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba daily conditioner[/buylink] by Jessicurl (jessicurl.com) comes in No fragrance added. Here are the ingredients:
    Water infused with Lemongrass,Nettle,Burdock,Kelp,Marshmallow Root,Horsetail,Basil,BayLeaf,Oregano, Rosemary,Pepermint,Sage,and Thyme,Aloe Vera Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour,Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

I haven't tried it myself but lots of curlies here love it! HTH :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list