protective style

mocha88mocha88 Posts: 27Registered Users
i just big chop my hair on Monday
i wanted to know is a puff a protective style? cause my hair is not long enough for a bun just yet .

Comments

• missshortstuffmissshortstuff Posts: 36Registered Users
    congrats on ur bc!!
    im not sure if a puff is a protective style, but I've found that my hair retained the most length when I did puffs all the time.
    http://fotki.com/short-stuff

4a/4b

::Layered Hair::
    Back: Armpit Length
    Bangs: Mid Neck
    Canopy: Shoulder Length

100% Natural Since Oct. 2008
    Last Relaxer: December 2007
  • mocha88mocha88 Posts: 27Registered Users
    congrats on ur bc!!
    im not sure if a puff is a protective style, but I've found that my hair retained the most length when I did puffs all the time.

thank you!
    i love the puff that's the only style that i like for now since my hair is not long enough for a bun
    did you keep your puff in at night when you sleep?
  • FleurztyFleurzty Posts: 795Registered Users
    Great news is that you may not need to do protective styles just yet. When your hair is still short, it is not rubbing against your clothes; chances are that your ends aren't playing tricks on you yet either. Enjoy wearing all the out styles that are until your hair shows any signs of actually needing to be protected. Signs include rough ends, split ends, single strand knots at the ends or hair that will not retain moisture, or detangling your hair after it's been out for a few days becomes a 2-hour mission. When you're there, protective styles are definitely in order.
  • mocha88mocha88 Posts: 27Registered Users
    Fleurzty wrote: »
    Great news is that you may not need to do protective styles just yet. When your hair is still short, it is not rubbing against your clothes; chances are that your ends aren't playing tricks on you yet either. Enjoy wearing all the out styles that are until your hair shows any signs of actually needing to be protected. Signs include rough ends, split ends, single strand knots at the ends or hair that will not retain moisture, or detangling your hair after it's been out for a few days becomes a 2-hour mission. When you're there, protective styles are definitely in order.

thank you so much for this
  • LadyRaeLadyRae Posts: 160Registered Users
    I definitely need a good protective style. I cant pull all my hair up right now (maybe unless a pull it to death),but it goes a little above my shoulders when I stretch it. My ends knot up sooo easy, even if I put them in twists and roll up the ends. And I've tried twists as a style.. didn't work on me.

Any suggestions???
    CoMpLeTeLy NaPpTuRaL SiNcE 7/21/09:headbang:

:scratch:Still figuring things out...Help Wanted

Come to my planet(Not really about hair, but still worth a visit!)!

http://www.ohsolovelyrae.tumblr.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file