New and in need of advice.

LivetheLifeLivetheLife Posts: 2Registered Users
So I have 4a hair and have been thinking about going natural for a few reasons now but my problem is that I don't want to lose the length of my hair now. I have been using perms since I was about 12 and I am 17 now. My hair isn't really damaged (I breakout quite a but). My next problem with going natural is how it would look and will it suit me. I'm hoping for a curly, not to big-haired look but I'm afraid I will just be disappointed. I don't want to start transitioning and end up going back to were I started and ending up with even more damaged hair. Any advice you guys can give me?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So I have 4a hair and have been thinking about going natural for a few reasons now but my problem is that I don't want to lose the length of my hair now. I have been using perms since I was about 12 and I am 17 now. My hair isn't really damaged (I breakout quite a but). My next problem with going natural is how it would look and will it suit me. I'm hoping for a curly, not to big-haired look but I'm afraid I will just be disappointed. I don't want to start transitioning and end up going back to were I started and ending up with even more damaged hair. Any advice you guys can give me?

check out all the newbie info thread, and the 4 thread. off the top of my head, i'd say, condition, condition, condition -- and make sure you use much of it as a leave in.
    you've come to the right place!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to our community!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file