BC!

beautifulsoul06beautifulsoul06 Registered Users Posts: 43
Hello Ladies!

I am new to this site and I just have to say that all of your stories and experiences have really encouraged me to take the plunge!
I have been going back and forth for about a year nad a half now trying to decide whether or not to grow out my relaxer...I had my last relaxer in November. I made my decision to do the BC! I feel like for me it's the best way to focus on my natural hair and make it beautiful, I don't want to waste my time on the relaxed ends that are going to go eventually anyway.
Sorry for the book here but I'm wondering how you ladies wore your hair post BC? I was thinking about a weave but don't like the idea of not being able to care for my newfound curly hair...so then my next thought was a wig. I'm thinking of buying one of those real looking lace front wigs and wearing that until my new growth is long enough that I'm comfortable- I'm thinking I'll wear it until the fall and not wear it in the evenings or weekends when I'm home so that I can test product and get comfortable with it. Any thoughts?? Has anyone else done this??
Also what about doing the BC myself? Or having my mom do it? Any advice from self BC'ers appreciated!

Thanks! :)
Last relaxer: November 28 2009 :happy4:
BC'ed: February 25 2010
A very thick head of tight coils and curls/ 4a
Co Wash: Suave Naturals, V05
Leave-in: KCNT
Stylers: KCCC
Pomades: KCGP

Comments

• WinnWinnWinnWinn Registered Users Posts: 7
    I know nothing about BCing, but congrats and good luck!
  • GoldenChild21GoldenChild21 Registered Users Posts: 16
    That's great you're going for your BC!

As for me, I have zero regrets since I've gone natural. None. I'm not a self-BC'er, but I got my mom to do mine. Before the chop, I purchased lots of accessories to decorate my new twa, such as heabands and clips. Although now I'm trying to get used to wearing it out with no decorations.

I knew I didn't want to wear a wig (I bought one, but never wore it) or get a weave because I was fed up. I had enough. I just wanted to wear my hair. I figured I'd have to get used to it anyway, so why not start out by wearing it au natural from day 1? Plus, I have this fear of someone yanking a wig off me, lol. Like I said before, I have no regrets.

The styles I rock are simple: headbands or twistouts with gel on my edges. I don't think there are too many options at this length.

You're probably reading this thinking, "What the heck is she rambling on about nothing for?" Lol, just thought I'd give my 2cents!

Good luck!!

age.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file