need help with product!

randibethnashrandibethnash Posts: 4Registered Users
hi all -- for YEARS i was using Loreal Springing Curls. then a year ago i switched to John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Mousse but most of the stores are not carrying it anymore and i'm not impressed with it at all anymore. checking out the boards on here, i started to use HE Totally Twisted mousse. i noticed a TON of build up. i hate hard, crunchy so i would scrunch the mousse out after a couple hours of air drying. i was so disappointed.

back to the drawing board.

my hair is really manageable and is not that frizzy but definitely do need some styling product. i'm TOTALLY OPEN to suggestions. i see a lot of people don't even like mousse!

please help....
i wash my hair twice a week, one of those times is with Lo-Poo.

thanks everyone!

Comments

• alot_of_curlsalot_of_curls Posts: 149Registered Users
    You mentioned you Liked Loreal and they have this awesome spray gel for curls it was awesome!! and I thought that spray gel wouldnt do for my thick curls but no It did really good and it was good with frizz too Oh and Underneath that I use Lustrasilk Olive Oil Leave in Conditioner That combo is def. my HG. you should try it out and I don't think it gave me build up or flakes and they're both CG
    Length- mid-back; long layers -shorter in front:love5:
    Thick 2/3b normal porosity. My hair likes creme & gel combos.
    Currently using:
    • Garnier Fructis for curls
    • Suave gel
    • Co wash: Vo5 condish
    CG as of june 19, 09'
    =]

http://public.fotki.com/eccentric-curls/
    Curls
    are SO much more fun
    to play
    with ^^:icescream:

• born2bcurlyborn2bcurly Posts: 78Registered Users
    You might wanna try Herbal Essences Set me up gel or La looks gel. Also you might need a leave in if your getting crunch.HTH
    3b/3c hair
    texture-medium
    porosity-high unfortunetly
    Cowash-suave naturals
    leave-in- Lustrasilk chl.+sb&m
    gel-he smu
    still working on routine
    CG since-2-2-10:wav:

canopy oh canopy why do you have to be so damaged
  • randibethnashrandibethnash Posts: 4Registered Users
    thanks! i did try HE SMU this morning and think i like it a bit. it seems to separate my curls a bit too much though...
  • CurlyinCarolinaCurlyinCarolina Posts: 44Registered Users
    I use a gel by tresemme curl care line called bouncy curls. I like it a lot because I get good hold but it doesn't dry too hard. I do scrunch out the crunch just a little bit after it dries, but just a little.
    New to CG so still have a lot to figure out!
    3b,fine, medium to high porosity
    Products: VO5 for CO wash and rinse out. Instead of leave in CO, I use tresemme curl creme to moisterise and prevent frizz. Tresemme curl care gel, and pantene curl locking hair spray.
  • randibethnashrandibethnash Posts: 4Registered Users
    thank you for the recs! totally relearning about my hair. i just picked up HE totally twisted gel. will try that this week. tried to find tresemme but couldn't it find it anywhere :(
    will keep you posted.
  • divamisstdivamisst Posts: 293Registered Users
    thank you for the recs! totally relearning about my hair. i just picked up HE totally twisted gel. will try that this week. tried to find tresemme but couldn't it find it anywhere :(
    will keep you posted.

I've found Tresemme at Walgreens, Walmart, and Target...if you don't have any of those near you, you can order it online at drugstore.com.
    3b :hello2:
    co-wash: suave naturals coconut conditioner, DB pumpkin seed conditioner
    rinse out: garnier triple nutrition
    leave in: garnier triple nutrition, kckt
    stylers: HETT, AOMM, BRHG, AG Re:Coil, Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets, CJ Curl Fuel, HairVeda CoCasta Shikakai Oil, DB Natural Coils Curling Jelly, DB Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding, KCCC.....CHS Curl Keeper (doesn't seem to like the Iowa winter though LOL)
    want to try: EVERYTHING!! (you guys are turning me into a big-time PJ!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file