Intro and questiona about flax see gel

tanyaswilsontanyaswilson Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi everyone,

I am new to these boards, but have been lurking for a while. I have been doing the modified CG for about six weeks now. I am a 2b or 2c, not sure which.

My biggest question is about flax seed gel. Alot of people seem to get good results from it. Is the only way to get it to make it yourself? I don't really have the time to do that, are there any commercial fsg's available? I'd like to try it.

Any other product recommendations to help tame frizzy hair would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanya

Comments

• gekko422gekko422 Registered Users Posts: 4,869 Curl Connoisseur
    I buy mine from Botticelli Botanicals on Etsy. She will customize it to your needs based your hair type. Making FSG is apparently super cheap and easy, but I just have no interest in going that route. And this way, I know it's customized specifically to my hair type.

Oh, for other products, I love Aubrey Organics Mandarin Moisturizing stuff (Amazon, Whole Foods, iHerb) as well as Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly (Etsy).
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • dandydandy Registered Users Posts: 346 Curl Novice
    i made it the other day, took 6 mins and i love it!!! so cheap too! here is a thread if you are interested:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...7&postcount=11
    Flax seed Gel
    2-3 Tbsp. flax seeds 3 drops Lavender oil
    1 C. distilled or filtered water 4 drops jojoba oil or EPO*
    3-4 drops Vit. E oil ½ tsp. Epsom salt*

*Optional

Put f. seeds and water in a pan and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Strain immediately, let cool and add oils, pour preferably in a plastic bottle with a pour spout, put lid on and shake to mix oils well. Store in refrigerator when not in use, it will keep 2-4 weeks (maybe longer). If adding E.S., put it at the bottom of the container where you’re straining the gel and after adding a little bit of it stir (or shake) to dissolve before adding the rest, this way you’ll be sure there are no crystals left.
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I've read that fsg freezes. So if you do decide to make some instead of order, you can make a big batch. I can understand your just wanting to order and not mess with it.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • FroggiloreFroggilore Registered Users Posts: 141
    I make the huge batch and freeze it in to small bottles that have about enough for a few days for me. It works well.
    Hair type: 2a/b, medium to fine texture, medium to high porosity (I think!)
    Routine: Occasionally wash with Lavender baby shampoo. CO wash with Garnier triple nutrition conditioner, use a nickel sized blob as a leave in, scrunch out a little water, scrunch in some aloe gel (FOTE), then scrunch in some Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (BRHG). Plop with a backwards turbie twist for 10 min - to overnight.
    CG since 23 May 2009! (with some minor slips)
  • tanyaswilsontanyaswilson Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks all for the suggestions. I'm not going to try to start making my own stuff at this point in time...maybe when the kids are older and not getting into everything. :) When my current products are used up I will try some of the new stuff that was suggested.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file