Geez how do you guys do it?!

alot_of_curlsalot_of_curls Posts: 149Registered Users
How do you guys manage to get your hair nicely done on the day after you have washed your hair.. and I mean my hair cannot be re-wet again with a mister because then I get intense frizz If I want it to look nice I have to co-wash again.. Its annoying because I have these knots in there too so how do you guys manage?!!
Length- mid-back; long layers -shorter in front:love5:
Thick 2/3b normal porosity. My hair likes creme & gel combos.
Currently using:
  • Garnier Fructis for curls
  • Suave gel
  • Co wash: Vo5 condish
CG as of june 19, 09'
=]

http://public.fotki.com/eccentric-curls/
Curls
are SO much more fun
to play
with ^^:icescream:

Comments

• mitabirdmitabird Posts: 226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Normally, I'm unsuccessful with second day hair as well. I usually just put it in a ponytail. However, I've had luck using Curl Junkie's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel-p-941.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Aloe-Fix-Hair-Styling-Gel]Aloe Fix[/buylink] gel. A little smoothed over dry hair has really worked wonders.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I am another 2nd day hair failure. I don't like satin pillow cases or sleeping caps. I don't like pineappling at night - hate sleeping with wet hair. And my hair hates having anything put into it when dry and hates to be misted with anything. So I have to wet it totally every day. I'm used to it. If I'm super lazy I'll put it in a pony, but that's rare.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • marty256marty256 Posts: 15Registered Users
    I am another 2nd day hair failure. I don't like satin pillow cases or sleeping caps. I don't like pineappling at night - hate sleeping with wet hair. And my hair hates having anything put into it when dry and hates to be misted with anything. So I have to wet it totally every day. I'm used to it. If I'm super lazy I'll put it in a pony, but that's rare.

my hair reacts the same way, only i quit on any products...no products at all....except shampoo and condish. but i don't wash my hair everyday...usually 3-4 days....but by the 5th day its just so oily that it is almost straight.
    Hair Type: 3b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    I sleep like a top, so wearing second day hair down is more or less a losing game, regardless of what I put on it. I generally just throw it up in a pony tail or bun - or braid it - if I can't wash it.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Me too! Pineappling never worked for me. My hair has too much memory and will get creases in it where the scrunchy is. If I put one in loose enough for it to not do that, it might as well not be in my hair at all--it will just fall out while I'm sleeping, so what's the point?

I can put my hair half up on the second day and have it not look too bad, but if I want to wear it down and have it look nice I have to wet it completely and start over with my products.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • CopaseticCopasetic Posts: 222Registered Users
    I sleep with my hair in a hair cap, and then I smooth mousse over my hair in the morning. Works like a charm.
    co-wash: exact vanilla
    rinse out: tresseme naturals
    leave-in: giovanni direct leave-in
    stylers: kccc + he totally twisted mousse + coconut oil to sotc
  • MayuMayu Posts: 2Registered Users
    if i put it up in a bun at night the curls will look good enough, the thing that looks horrible are my roots :sad10: even if put it up loosely my hair will have some extreme volume. Usually i just leave half down and clip back the top.
  • belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    How do you guys manage to get your hair nicely done on the day after you have washed your hair.. and I mean my hair cannot be re-wet again with a mister because then I get intense frizz If I want it to look nice I have to co-wash again.. Its annoying because I have these knots in there too so how do you guys manage?!!

If you rewet your hair, what do you do it with. I also don't get second day hair because of my mixed textures (and types) and high porosity the combo of which causes the excessive knots and tangles. But if I spritz it with water I do so until it's very damp almost compeletly wet. This gets rid of frizz. (I do this when I use S&C, add condish and have no frizz). If I decided to let my hair dry like that instead of proceeding to cowash I'd probably get maybe a passable 2nd day hair. I'm just trying to understand how re-wetting the hair causes frizz. Maybe you are using the wrong products or not wetting it enough. The products in your siggie don't seem to be moisturizing enough and I don't see your hair texture listed in your properties. You may have a mix of textures which can be quite difficult to manage and balance. This may be the reason why you can't get rid of frizz and the knots and tangles are causing so much trouble.

edited: might you have high porosity b/c in my experience the damaged, raised cuticle of high porosity hair catches more on other hair causing knots and tangles. this is made worse by having mixed hair textures and type.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I never used to be able to have 2nd day hair. However, I have had better luck recently by dampening my hair in the shower (wetting my hands and running them over my hair, not getting my hair soaking wet) and following with Kinky-Curly serum. It's not really a serum; it's more like a lightweight gel with no real hold. Somehow it brings back my curls and minimizes frizz.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file