Products change when straightening/blowdrying

09robiha09robiha Registered Users Posts: 683
I fancy a change. After being CG for a while and always wearing my hair curly im getting a little tired of it. Ihave worn my hair up but i think my face looks horrid with it up its jsut to chubby and round :(

Anyways when i want to blowdry or straighten my hair do i need to change products and switch to silicones?
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• ladyrinaladyrina Registered Users Posts: 33
    In my experience, yes, you do need cones for heat protection.

When I was CG, I followed the guideline that all you needed to do was just moisturize (a lot) and that would be enough. That's NOT true. Cones help protect the hair from heat damage and without them, your hair will just not be able to withstand the damage on its own. I learned the hard way and had to trim a good inch (even though I heat styled MAYBE 6 times over the span of a few months..)

There are a few really good heat protectants out there. If you're looking for a cheap one, there's Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Protection Spray, I believe there's also a TREsemme product that gets very good reviews. The craze on the hair board on MUA right now is over a product called Schwarzkopf Bonacure Sealed Ends, which I'm going to try in a week.

Also, there are some GVP (Sally's) products that can work- Skinny Serum or Split End Mender. I think Anti-Snap too. Sally's has a ton of heat protectants there that get amazing reviews (check their website).

Okay, super long reply but I hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CG since 6/26/09! Also growing out!

Thick borderline 2C/3A (hair wavy at this length), mostly medium, high porosity (I think!)

Current products in rotation: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner followed by Suave Coconut Conditioner (CO wash). GVP K-Pak k/o (once a week). Sunsilk Hair Oil mix (international product) & castor Oil.
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I completely agree with ladyrina.
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file