In the curls frizz

born2bcurlyborn2bcurly Posts: 78Registered Users
I read a thread about types of frizz. I have really bad In the curls frizz. What I want to know is how do I fix it? Please someone help!
3b/3c hair
texture-medium
porosity-high unfortunetly
Cowash-suave naturals
leave-in- Lustrasilk chl.+sb&m
gel-he smu
still working on routine
CG since-2-2-10:wav:

canopy oh canopy why do you have to be so damaged

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think more moisture might help that lack of definition. You don't have a rinse out listed. That might be the first thing I would add. The Aubrey Organics conditioners are readily available (I notice you only use "drugstore" type products) and you could try some of them.

Many of us rotate products. I seldom use any one product more then twice a week.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had that these last couple days, and I think it's weather related (it changed from dry and cool to moist and warmish). I'm VERY moisturized, so it's not that. I might be over-moisturized, as I've been deep treating every shampoo.

So, I'm no help. Got the same thing happening, and it happened trying two different product systems. I think it's the weather for me. Sigh.

I'm gonna try to get hold of gels with more PVP/VA and see how that goes.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • born2bcurlyborn2bcurly Posts: 78Registered Users
    Last night I did a sauve naturals and evoo dc and left it on all night. I got up this morning and my hair was still wet(idk why) so I put Alot of conditioner in my hair for moisture and extra he smu gel than usual and Ive had the best hair day ever. I still had frizz though but not nearly as much as I normally do but why am I still getting frizz?
    3b/3c hair
    texture-medium
    porosity-high unfortunetly
    Cowash-suave naturals
    leave-in- Lustrasilk chl.+sb&m
    gel-he smu
    still working on routine
    CG since-2-2-10:wav:

canopy oh canopy why do you have to be so damaged
  • Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    I think more moisture might help that lack of definition. You don't have a rinse out listed. That might be the first thing I would add. The Aubrey Organics conditioners are readily available (I notice you only use "drugstore" type products) and you could try some of them.

Many of us rotate products. I seldom use any one product more then twice a week.

"Dont forget about porosity and texture as well, this factor has pointed out to many of us before. This is more important than curl type to quote kathymack.

Aubrey Oranics is currently on sale at The Vitamin Shoppe on line and in their stores for $8.49 for the shampoo and conditioners. The Vitamin Shoppe also carries Burt's Bees, Giovanni and several other lines that have great curl benefits.

Good luck in your quest to quench the frizz beast. It is usually a matter of product trial and error.
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
  • mamaherreramamaherrera Posts: 886Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I too have frizz in my curls. My curls are fairly-well defined, but I lift them up and theere is frizz all around them, like naps, surrounded by frizz. I don't think it's technique, I don't know. Right now I'm using elucence balancing conditioner (i had this problem before using this as well) for my rinse out, KCKT for leave in and then KCCC and a drugstore gel with no glycerin or silicones. Right after scrunching and tshirt, all those frizzies are there and I have surface frizz bad too. They're just hairs that don't fit into a clump adn they curl all on their own and then there are some that stick straight out. :cussing:
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    can get weighed down with lots of oils
    Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
    Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
    Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
    Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
    Gel: Kiss my face gel
    DT:Jessicurl
    Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
    working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go
  • currrlygurrrlycurrrlygurrrly Posts: 57Registered Users
    You are not alone!
    Presently we have dewpoints in the mid to high 70's. I use a lot of protein, a great moisturizing leave-in and some good gel.
    The best defense I have found for the dreaded frizz, is Spiral Solutions. Not sure what or why they work so well, but I can be sure to have a decent curl day when I use them. [Anxiously awaiting Shantelle's return, as I am almost out of everything!!]
    Sometimes, I think we just have to accept that on days like these, we will have a little halo :angel1: over our curls. Could be worse!
    3A,norm por,fine,norm elasticity
    LETTING MY SILVER SHINE THROUGH!
    Routine now is Jessicurl Cream Wash, Too Shea (also as a LI), Rocking Ringlets and Confident Curls (Really love this line!) Using Jane Carter Nourish and Shine Pomade as a sealer (great stuff)!!.
    Sleep overnight in CJ Repair Me & Deep Fix for deep conditioning. Also, I like the CJ Honey Butta as a LI/styler.

CG since 09
    ok I think I'm on to something. I was not using a comb to clump, like I saw rudychick do. ANd I was just scrunching and getting lots of spiral curls and i liked that but not hte frizz. Last night I put in everything, saw the frizz and decide to come through. It clumped my curls (unfortunately I"m not a 3a with little spirals afterall) but rather my curls clumped into bigger curls, but the frizz mostly went away. Still haev some of course, I'd be lying if I said they all disappeared. But the stuff in teh curls really diminished. Could this be the thing, that my clumping finally occurred the way it really should? Also, I liked the frizz go-away, but doesn't combing through your hair when it's went cause breakage???
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
  • curlyindian75curlyindian75 Posts: 118Registered Users
    ok I think I'm on to something. I was not using a comb to clump, like I saw rudychick do. ANd I was just scrunching and getting lots of spiral curls and i liked that but not hte frizz. Last night I put in everything, saw the frizz and decide to come through. It clumped my curls (unfortunately I"m not a 3a with little spirals afterall) but rather my curls clumped into bigger curls, but the frizz mostly went away. Still haev some of course, I'd be lying if I said they all disappeared. But the stuff in teh curls really diminished. Could this be the thing, that my clumping finally occurred the way it really should? Also, I liked the frizz go-away, but doesn't combing through your hair when it's went cause breakage???

^not if it's coated in conditioner. :)
    3B,thick,medium/coarse,high porosity(i think),low elasticity
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
    CG since: 4/17/11
    cowash: tresseme naturals moisture or smooth
    rinse out: GFTN
    leave in: a little bit of my rinse out
    Stylers (gels): (if I feel like it) LALSG or Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    *Currently need: a good deep conditioning treament for my DRYDRYDRY hair- if you can suggest any good (cheapie) DTs, I would really appreciate it!
    alrighty that makes me feel better. So I've rinse out my conditioner and put in leave-in and curl enhancer and gel, At this point was when I combed through. Is that ok with the gel in it as well, or should I do the comb through after LI and curl enhancer?? Help me Please!!
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    MirCurls said she was going to try.... "the gels with more PVP/VA".
    This morning, I used Curly Q's Curly Q Gel-lesíc, a gel that has given me great frizz free curls before, and it worked fabulously!
    Good idea MirCurls! Thanks
    Routine now is Jessicurl Cream Wash, Too Shea (also as a LI), Rocking Ringlets and Confident Curls (Really love this line!) Using Jane Carter Nourish and Shine Pomade as a sealer (great stuff)!!.
    Sleep overnight in CJ Repair Me & Deep Fix for deep conditioning. Also, I like the CJ Honey Butta as a LI/styler.

CG since 09
    I just got Loeral clean gel, not much PVP, but it did have a water-soluble cone and I thought that mayb help with frizzies. Maybe I'll take it back and get the other curl gel that had lots of PVP, 2nd ingredient, but no cones.
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    I found this blog by CurlyNikki and thought it would be interesting to all of us who suffer with the frizzies....
    Makes sense to me!
    Identifying Proteins and Humectants in Hair Products | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Curly Hair Care

CG since 09
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte

not if you do it carefully and with a bit of oil or conditioner. start from the bottom of the curls, your neck or shoulders or where ever the length is, and work your way up very carefully, dont pull the curls that will break them so your kind of teasing the knots and tangles out

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file