one side curly..one side semi straight?

pinkflwrs1222pinkflwrs1222 Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi there! I've been transitioning for about 10 months now and i have about 3-4 of new growth yay! the only problem is one side of my hair is reallyy curly and the other side still has some straight parts with only a little bit of curl so it looks really flat compared to the other side! will it be like this when i bc!??
and it might be bcuz my mom blow dries my hair before she styles it..do you guys think thats the problem?

Comments

• FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Registered Users Posts: 412
    Hi there! I've been transitioning for about 10 months now and i have about 3-4 of new growth yay! the only problem is one side of my hair is reallyy curly and the other side still has some straight parts with only a little bit of curl so it looks really flat compared to the other side! will it be like this when i bc!??
    and it might be bcuz my mom blow dries my hair before she styles it..do you guys think thats the problem?

It sounds like it could be possible heat damage (I'm not trying to scare you!) and I only say that because you said one side of your head has straight parts with a little bit of curl & it's a little flat. Is she blow drying on high heat and a high setting? That could be the problem. If you have to use a blow dryer, you should definitely have a diffuser attachment & use low heat, low setting. You also need a heat protectant.

You have to be very careful not to fry your new growth. If you damage it then when you do your bc, you will likely have to cut more hair off than you anticipated and you don't want to lose all your newly grown hair because it is damaged.
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    I have the same problem, I`m trying not to use so much heat, but there`s not much I can do with my hair right now.

I try to only use heat once every two weeks if I can help it & I haven`t been to the salon in two months in order to lay off the heat. Hopefully, my hair will bounce back otherwise I`ll be cutting more hair than I anticipated before I graduate. :sad:
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • iRoqueiRoque Registered Users Posts: 7
    my hair was the same way b4 my BC...N ITS STILL THE SAME only i have shorter hair..(wen i BC i only cut 2in off) so my advice to you is get that straight part under control b4 the BC or get a professional to BC for u and they can giv you a proper cut to avoid/get around that straight part of hair...
    hope this helps

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file