Glasses (semi-hair related ;) ) Update :)

2»

Comments

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    lushaholic wrote:
    Well, I called today, and basically I'm out the money, so I'll just have to order again. Although I'm thinking of calling back again tomorrow or monday to see if I get a different person with a different response. Always works for me with the airlines, so it's worth a try here. :P

Ack. That sucks. Try calling again...maybe ask to speak to a manager or supervisor? They usually try to help customers out more than regular CS reps.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    Ouch, that sucks about the lenses. I agree with DH, ask for a supervisor. Also, I would be very upfront about it being your mistake. I recently ordered the wrong color when ordering some mineral makeup online (hard to remember that "fair" is lighter than "light"). The company has a generous return policy, so I called and explained my mistake. The woman on the phone immediately said they would send the correct color, and when I asked about returning the wrong one, she said not to bother, that I could pass it along to someone else. Made me an even more loyal customer!

Now, about the glasses. I'm in the same boat, wanting something funky but not sure if it's too much. And the funky ones I REALLY like are insanely expensive. It's really hard to tell about the 1st pair, since they're not the right size, but my hunch is that even in the right size, the chunky earpieces will be too much with your delicate features. The 2nd pair, eh. They'll do if that's what you can afford, but they're not exciting. If you can spend a bit more, take a look at www.framesdirect.com. They have TONS of brand name frames at discount prices. They are also reasonable for making the lenses. You can upload a photo to their site and virtually "try on" frames. You can also go to eyeglass stores, try on frames, write down model #s and then check the prices on the website.
    Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Thanks rose! I'm trying that out now. :mrgreen:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    lushaholic wrote:
    Well, I called today, and basically I'm out the money, so I'll just have to order again. Although I'm thinking of calling back again tomorrow or monday to see if I get a different person with a different response. Always works for me with the airlines, so it's worth a try here. :P

My husband always does that ... sometimes several times! Good luck!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    Ok, I didn't want to start another post for this since this is technically not hair-related, but I found another website that lets you borrow glasses to try and theirs are sooo much better! They let you have 3 at a time to try, so I took pics trying them. I've created an album with them, you can see it here Tell me what you think. ;)
  • rose's ringletsrose's ringlets Posts: 119Registered Users
    #3!! I think they're fun and cute! The heavy earpieces on the other 2 (especially #1) are too much for your face. They make your eyes look too close together.

I like #3. Are you going to try more before deciding? What's the website? I need new glasses, too!
    Over 2 years without shampoo. Finally grown out the evil relaxer. LOVING my ringlets!
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    Yeah, I agree. #3 fits you face almost perfectly. The only thing is does that frame come in other colors? They match the shirt that you are wearing perfectly, but I'm just thinking that they might not match your other clothes(I might be wrong though).
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I agree also. #3. :)
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
    IWCH, yes they come in a 'blonde' color (what they call it) and 'ice blue'. The 'blonde' looks really blah brown, and the blue I'm not crazy about. It's funny you guys say that pair because They do feel the best on. The others feel fine too but these have almost a 'perfect' fit to them. Kent likes those the least because of the stripes. Oh well. :lol:

RR, yep, I'm going to try some more. ;) It's a company here in sweden - www.optikbutiken.se :)

Thanks guys. :)

btw, I just realized both times I had my hair either pulled back or in braids. And it's always after the gym when my hair's taken a real beating. :shock:
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    lushaholic wrote:
    Kent likes those the least because of the stripes. Oh well. :lol:
    Just shows how different people have different opinions..... I think the stripes are a big part of what make them so cute! :lol:
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    I pick #3 too! They are perfect for you! 8)
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    I like either 2 or 3...both are really really cute! It's hard to decide, because the dark ones are neutral and go with anything you wear, but the striped ones are absolutely adorable and look great with your skintone.

I love how these place let you borrow glasses so you can try them on. I'm going to research and see if there are any in the states!

I *lovelovelovelove* these!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optikbutiken.se%2Fmodell130171%2FJessica_glasoegon_detaljerad_information.htm" class="Popup
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
    You guys are so helpful!! I knew I could count on you! :mrgreen:

DH, yeah I completely love the 'loaning' idea, otherwise I'd be a little afraid to buy a pair I had never actually tried! And I love those Jessica ones too! They have many good ones there. :)
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file