Why'd my DC make my hair stiff once I applied it?

lldm2lldm2 Registered Users Posts: 173
1/2 banana
Couple tbs. of EVOO
1/3 c. of Coconut Milk
Couple tbs. of Honey

I was pretty sure this was mainly moisturizing, but once I got it in my hair my hair felt stiff, like when I apply a protein treatment. Not as stiff, but still stiff. So I coated my hair with AOHSR after to make it softer && now I'm under the dryer..

Also, how long do you think I should leave it in? Would overnight be okay?
3c/4a

Wanting;
APL/MBL

Comments

• Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    some conditioners do that but once you rinse it, it's fine. I always recommend a Hot oil treatment after if your hair doesn't feel soft.

But Banana is a protein treatment I think.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• NalliaNallia Registered Users Posts: 2,979
    Doesn't coconut milk have protein or is that just coconut oil?
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    Nallia wrote: »
    Doesn't coconut milk have protein or is that just coconut oil?
    I dunno but I use coconut milk and avocado and my hair doesn't get stiff.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file