Chopped all my 'Japanese' hair off

Fairydust125Fairydust125 Posts: 6Registered Users
I got my hair Japanese straightened around April 2008. After almost 2 years finally my hair is long enough that I was able to cut it. I cut off all the 'japanese' hair and now I just have my natural hair- which is now past my shoulders. I had forgotten what it was like to have wavy hair and I missed it! It looked so stupid half wavy and half straight, I will never do the japenese treatment again! It broke and dried my hair so much! My question is- my natural hair is wavy but frizzy. Are there any products that anyone can recommend me using that will keep the waves in place? I do not like gel but moose I will use. Thanks..

Comments

• curlycuriouscurlycurious Posts: 10Registered Users
    You can use regular conditioner (the amount depends on the thickness of your hair) this should hold your hair but not make it crunchy and reduce frizz. I hope this helps!

All the Best,

CurlyCurious
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,328Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i agree about the conditioner -- frizz generally indicates that your hair needs moisture. make sure to leave a little in as leave in.
    any of the curl junkie conditioners, leave in or not, make great leave ins!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • iRoqueiRoque Posts: 7Registered Users
    curlycurious! i think we're hair sisters!!! better yet...hair twins!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I got my hair Japanese straightened around April 2008. After almost 2 years finally my hair is long enough that I was able to cut it. I cut off all the 'japanese' hair and now I just have my natural hair- which is now past my shoulders. I had forgotten what it was like to have wavy hair and I missed it! It looked so stupid half wavy and half straight, I will never do the japenese treatment again! It broke and dried my hair so much! My question is- my natural hair is wavy but frizzy. Are there any products that anyone can recommend me using that will keep the waves in place? I do not like gel but moose I will use. Thanks..

This sounds like me :-). I'm a wavy by nature, but Japanese straightened by choice right now. I'm on my way to growing it out, it's been four months since I had it and color done. I just want low maintenance- no color, no perm, zip. For frizz I found CG worked wonders, and I always had to switch up conditioners. Nothing ever worked the same for long. Moose left me frizzy because it dried me out even more. For me, it was about what happened with the hair in the shower more than what happened with it styling wise that made the biggest difference in how the day was with frizz, unless I did something horrible with the diffuser (too long, too short, not enough product, etc). Well, that and the weather :happy8:

Good luck, and congrats! I hope two years from now I'll be in your shoes :-)
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file