New CurlyGuy in town!

dwilrightjrdwilrightjr Posts: 10Registered Users
Hello to all!

I follow the CurlyGurl method as described here on my 4b TWA. I'm interested in connecting with other users who have similar to mine and I would greatly appreciate any style suggestions.

Also,

My hair is thick but is not growing very much. My current routine consists of co-washing and cold rinsing for extra shine with Garnier-Fructisse Triple Nutrition. I apply a decent amount of the conditioner to my hair and I then follow with a mix of olive oil, shea butter, and Cantu's Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner. I then finger style a bit but not too much to retain curl definition. Lastly, I part my hair on the side, pick out my 'fro completely, or I'll take up the rigorous task of two-strand twisting my hair and letting it twist out for about a week.

I do a deep conditioning treatment with melted shea butter and olive oil once every two weeks. I sleep with a satin scarf and I even have a satin pillow case just in case it slips off!

Despite much research and the occasional trim (which I do myself with proper shears) I still have split ends and fairy knots.

If anyone is facing the same problem or has style suggestions for 4B TWA males, please let me know.

Thanks to all of you, you are truly inspiring.

"Be the change you want to see" - Mahatma Ghandi
Hair type-4b
Currently following the CG Method
Hair length-Gradually Growing TWA
I am trying to achieve a healthy, versatile, afro.

"Be the change you want to see" -Mahatma Ghandi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Welcome brother!

You have a great regimen in place - how long are you trying to grow your hair?

Do you have time to DC once a week? Also, I was thinking that you might want to add a carrier oil and some essential oils that promote growth to that mixture. I am finding some success with that.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • dwilrightjrdwilrightjr Posts: 10Registered Users
    I've been sticking with the basics lately. I apply warm olive oil when my scalp is itchy or excessively dry. I'm trying my best to be a recessionista and still maintain healthy hair. I've actually been reading more about essential and carrier oils lately, so I may just splurge a little and buy a few!
    Hair type-4b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We're so glad you've joined our community! You'll find lots of great info all over the site!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks for the warm greetings. I discovered and have been using the site for the past few months. It is a great resource and inspiration, however I'm still having trouble finding curlyguys online. I'm sure that when the member galleries are enabled, I'll have much better results.
    Hair type-4b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MandyzillaMandyzilla Posts: 17Registered Users
    Welcome dwilrightjr! I love to see guys diggin' their curls, especially on this forum. It makes it way more diverse and fun!:toothy7:
    Variety is the spice of life! Thanks for the welcome. It'll be so much better when users can upload galleries!
    Hair type-4b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file