Falling in love with my hair

Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
This is my second time transitioning and let me just say, it's no easier than the first time. At least I transitioned with braids last time but this time, I opted to go full steam ahead with my own hair.

I must admit that for the past two weeks my hair has been driving me crazy. Super dry, non-cooperative, tangling easily. The list goes on and on. But today, today is a different story. I washed my hair with V05 conditioner, detangled in the shower and fell in love with my hair all over again.

No longer was it hard to detangle it, no longer was it super dry (I added some EVOO to the condition). I almost wanted to shed a tear because I'm loving all the new growth I'm seeing. If you has asked me last week what I thought about my hair, I would have told you to past me a box of Dark N Lovely. LOL This week, I'm falling in love all over again with my hair and know that come April 2, there will be no stopping me.
Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    I just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement - April is right around the corner. I love the way you describe falling in love with your hair. I had that feeling yesterday while rocking a 4-day old BAA at work and loving the stares.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Posts: 412Registered Users
    AKA_Mo wrote: »
    I'm loving all the new growth I'm seeing.

I know how you feel! I never thought I was be excited about seeing new growth, but here I am! This is my first transition but good luck to you with your second!
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
    sagehen - I know! There was something about washing my hair, letting it air dry and just smoothing it with some leave in conditioner. I saw inches and inches of new growth and almost grabbed the scissors. I'm going to hang in there though. I promised myself 9 months and I'm going to stick to the plan. I feel nothing but the excitment you feel when starting a new relationship. *sigh*

FoxyCleopatra - Thanks hun! The first few months are "an experience" but things tend to even out eventually.

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Posts: 72Registered Users
    When I saw this post, I totally felt exactly what you were saying! The other day, I was detangling my hair after washing and DTing...I was sooooo ready to grab some scissors and get to cutting!! I never knew a love like this before (I don't have kids, but I equate my love for my hair to something similar). I told myself that I was going to give myself a year (which is also in April :toothy8:). So, we'll see!

Anyway, good luck and I know you can do it!!
  • Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
    When I saw this post, I totally felt exactly what you were saying! The other day, I was detangling my hair after washing and DTing...I was sooooo ready to grab some scissors and get to cutting!! I never knew a love like this before (I don't have kids, but I equate my love for my hair to something similar). I told myself that I was going to give myself a year (which is also in April :toothy8:). So, we'll see!

Anyway, good luck and I know you can do it!!

I will see you in April!

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights