I'm just dying to wash my hair! Need advice

CurlyMamaOf1CurlyMamaOf1 Registered Users Posts: 17
Hi everyone!

I officially went back to my curly haired self 2 weeks ago after reading Curly Girl on suggestion of a friend. I had been blow drying straight for about 6 years until then.

I think I am a type 3a according to this site, but more of a loose boticelli curl according to L. Massey.

I have been doing a daily co-wash of my scalp as I have a very oily scalp, per the directions in the CG book. I have been plunking with a microfiber towel and then using CC by Jessicurl followed by [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]Gelebration spray[/buylink].

My hair has looked better than it ever has. However about a week ago, I noticed it was feeling a little gunky and looking gunky under the canopy. I used a baking soda wash then.

A few days later, it still looked gross around the crown and on the back side of my head and I tried the Lemon Aid wash.

Today, it has looked "wet" all day. Not a gel wet look, but almost a greasy wet look. It is laying flat on my head. The curls look nice but it just looks gross to me.

What am I doing wrong? I'm dying to wash it but I don't want to go backwards in what I'm doing.

Help a newbie please! ;-) Thanks.
*2b/3a*
* Porous*
*fine texture*
*normal elasticity*

Current:
Wash: Cheeky Maiden Shampoo Bars
followed by ACV rinse
DT: Giovanni R66, JCWDT
Styling: AOMM, FSG, BRHG
Co-washing is NOT for me. Weighs my hair down too much. 1-2x weekly protein treatments work much better.

CG as of January 2010

I'm a simple girl! Not a PJ!

Comments

• Precious CurlsPrecious Curls Registered Users Posts: 448
    i would suggest that you try using a sulfate-free conditioner or a low poo as some call it and see if it makes a difference. your hair might just be the oily type that doesn't take co-washing very well. using a shampoo to cleanse the excess oil from your hair and make it less greasy is just fine as long as it doesn't contain harmful sulfates that will dry your hair out. hope that helped :)
  • CurlyMamaOf1CurlyMamaOf1 Registered Users Posts: 17
    Thanks Mz. Precioso! I meant to ad to the OP that I am using Giovanni sulfate-free conditioner (tea tree). I was previously using their sulfate free poo every other day when I was straight. But even then, I felt it was stripping my hair over time.

I will try backing off on the co-washing and maybe just water down the shampoo and see if I can de-grease!
    *2b/3a*
    * Porous*
    *fine texture*
    *normal elasticity*

Current:
    Wash: Cheeky Maiden Shampoo Bars
    followed by ACV rinse
    DT: Giovanni R66, JCWDT
    Styling: AOMM, FSG, BRHG
    Co-washing is NOT for me. Weighs my hair down too much. 1-2x weekly protein treatments work much better.

CG as of January 2010

I'm a simple girl! Not a PJ!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file