need help

SushiSushi Posts: 4Registered Users
I've been on the cg routine since december and my hair got really curlier like 2c/3a. i'm using one condition and angel from devacurl and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-CoffeeCoco-Curl-Creme-p-488.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-junkie-coffeecoco-curl-creme]cccc[/buylink] lite.
Nevertheless since this week my ends get really tight ringlets but the rest of my hair is a bit wavy..almost straight :(
i use clips at my roots so my hair becomes a bit weavier (2b/2c plus ringlets) after it is dry but a few hours later it is just "almost" straight again.

so what can i do to get the rest of my hair a bit wavier/curlier?

p.s. in the 1st photo u can see how my hair looks right now (2nd day hair). in the 2 other photos u can see how my hair looked like 6 years ago. it was frizzy but i'd love to have that curl pattern again. do u think my curls will ever look like that again?

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wow, your hair before was 3B i think. Very pretty :)

Your hair now is just as pretty, but it does look like a slightly different type. Could be caused by a number of things really...

If you spent the last 6 years coloring/straightening and generally damaging the hair, that might account for the different in curl pattern. If that's the case, CG will help bring the current hair back to a certain extent, and the new growth should come in with your natural pattern so a grow out might be necessary.

On the other hand... sometimes hairtypes just change. Some people get more curly as they get older, some less... everything from age, pregnancy, random hormone changes, etc can affect it. I'm not sure how old you are (or how old you were in the 3B photos) but it's entirely possible that your hair's just changing on you.

If I hadn't seen your photos from 6 years ago, I would have said perhaps the weight of the hair is causing your roots and tops of the hair to be wavy rather than straight. As my hair grows out past shoulder length, the ends get curlier and curlier but the roots go flat and the tops of the hairs are mere waves. It's just a weight issue, so I know if I want to maintain my volume I just can't grow out that long. Your older pictures make me wonder though... it was obviously pretty long back then too, and didn't have a BIT of a problem with the weight.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • masa_innmasa_inn Posts: 306Registered Users
    Sushi, my hair used to look pretty much like yours before I discovered IceQueen-ing: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69033

As for the changes in your curl pattern, it can be due to many reasons, as Mims said: from damage to hormonal changes. Stick to a healthy hair routine and hope for the best.

Your "now" curls are really pretty, BTW!
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
  • SushiSushi Posts: 4Registered Users
    well i was 12. before i did not even know that i have curly hair because my hair was till my hips. just because i cut them shorter i found that i have curly hair.
    well the last years i was straigthening my hairs 2 time. I used a lot of shampoos that promised to straighten the hair and a lot of foam. i started diffusing my hair last may and stopped after starting the cg routine.

well i also thought that long hair might weight down my roots so i cut my hair shorter till shoulders but they did not become curlier. I even tried out a different hair cut system called "curl sys" which is quite popular in austria

and my mother told me that the hairtype changes every 7 years... so maybe that would explain why i suddenly had curly hair when i was 12 ?!

soo maybe i should get my hair cut which is the first time after i started the cg routine. hopefully it's going to help ^^
  • masa_innmasa_inn Posts: 306Registered Users
    My hair has changed a lot with a puberty; and again after I had a child. Hormones.
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file