~

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
~

Comments

• SoCalCurlSoCalCurl Registered Users Posts: 21
    I use (and LOVE) Everyday Minerals. I was really skeptical about loose powder makeup at first (I formerly used Clinique), but I couldn't be happier with the look and feel of EDM. The coverage is great: my sister has acne scars and EDM covers them well. They provide excellent coverage, with a very natural finished look.

The cost is really cheap for the quality of the makeup. I think it's $12.00 for the large (6gram) foundation and finishing powder, and $8.00 for a large blush. I can order a foundation, finishing powder, and eyeshadow + shipping, for the price I'd pay for my foundation alone at Clinique. It lasts a long time too. I only have to reorder about every 2-3 months.

They also have a "try it free" kit: you pick 3 foundations, 1 blush, and (I think) 1 finishing powder, and all you pay is $4.95 for shipping!

Oh, and have I mentioned their brushes?! Luxurious! Comfortable on the skin, and very easy to clean.

I love Everyday Minerals!! I don't know how I went so long without them--and no, they didn't pay me to write this. :toothy8:
    Hair type: Fine, thick/dense, low porosity 3A—with 3B mixed in.

My hair hates protein & LOVES honey!

Condish: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Styling: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    Tools: Curls Like Us Curl Cloths, denman, finger-diffuser

CG since March 17th 2009!
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    I used BE for a whole year without knowing I was allergic to it! LOL. I had never warn face makeup so I thought the itchy was just my face not used to having makeup on. I was wrong. It was the Bismuth apparently. EM has none of this and like SoCal mentioned, its within a budget. And the sample pack is great! I didn't know they still did that.

I don't use it anymore because my skin is more normal- dry, and mineral make up seems too dry no matter how much I moisturize.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Registered Users Posts: 456 Curl Neophyte
    My skin was sensitive to the bismuth in BareMinerals, so I'm so happy I found out about theallnaturalface.com and meowcosmetics.com Give them a whirl! :)
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    poemaXX wrote: »
    My skin was sensitive to the bismuth in BareMinerals, so I'm so happy I found out about theallnaturalface.com and meowcosmetics.com Give them a whirl! :)

Does theallnaturalface.com post ingredients anywhere? They're not with the products and I couldn't find any ingredients page with a search. How annoying, they look like great products but if I can't see an ingredients list, I'm not touching them.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Registered Users Posts: 456 Curl Neophyte

Does theallnaturalface.com post ingredients anywhere? They're not with the products and I couldn't find any ingredients page with a search. How annoying, they look like great products but if I can't see an ingredients list, I'm not touching them.

Although I don't think she ever posts a traditional quantity-based ingredient list, her etsy page [ http://www.etsy.com/shop/theallnaturalface and ESPECIALLY [URL="http://www.etsy.com/people/theallnaturalface]"]http://www.etsy.com/people/theallnaturalface[/URL] ] does talk more about what ingredients she uses.

Here is an excerpt of what the owner says:
    "My mission is to provide you with the best mineral cosmetics possible. I do not use any artificial ingredients. No bismuth, no talc, no carmine, no silk powder, no d & c lake colors and no parabens!

ALL OF MY MINERAL PRODUCTS ARE VEGAN! [...]

Mineral makeup is a modern day miracle. I have never I wanted to provide a clean product that is not available in the commercial products on the shelf. They all seem to have unnecessary evils in them: ) I strive to provide my clients with the purest ingredients. Read my profile to see what ingredients are that are put in to most mineral cosmetics. Note I do not use all the ingredients listed...the list is for reference only. I only use minerals, mica, sunscreen, and oxides. I am convo friendly and very open to answering technical questions...ask away!"

I have her powder foundation, angel wings mineral veil, midas concealer and lip plumper (Don't think it plumps all that much, but it tastes nice and leaves my lips ridiculously soft!) I also have a blush sampler I'm going through. The quality is sooooo nice. She can take awhile to ship things depending on how many orders she has to fill, but she is very nice and I haven't had a problem with her yet.

Tip: I like applying the foundation and then spritzing with Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera to seal (I buy mine at GNC.) It leaves such a nice finish!

By the way, your siggie is hilarious! :D
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306

Although I don't think she ever posts a traditional quantity-based ingredient list, her etsy page [ http://www.etsy.com/shop/theallnaturalface and ESPECIALLY [URL="http://www.etsy.com/people/theallnaturalface]"]http://www.etsy.com/people/theallnaturalface[/URL] ] does talk more about what ingredients she uses.

Here is an excerpt of what the owner says:
    "My mission is to provide you with the best mineral cosmetics possible. I do not use any artificial ingredients. No bismuth, no talc, no carmine, no silk powder, no d & c lake colors and no parabens!

ALL OF MY MINERAL PRODUCTS ARE VEGAN! [...]

Mineral makeup is a modern day miracle. I have never I wanted to provide a clean product that is not available in the commercial products on the shelf. They all seem to have unnecessary evils in them: ) I strive to provide my clients with the purest ingredients. Read my profile to see what ingredients are that are put in to most mineral cosmetics. Note I do not use all the ingredients listed...the list is for reference only. I only use minerals, mica, sunscreen, and oxides. I am convo friendly and very open to answering technical questions...ask away!"

I have her powder foundation, angel wings mineral veil, midas concealer and lip plumper (Don't think it plumps all that much, but it tastes nice and leaves my lips ridiculously soft!) I also have a blush sampler I'm going through. The quality is sooooo nice. She can take awhile to ship things depending on how many orders she has to fill, but she is very nice and I haven't had a problem with her yet.

Tip: I like applying the foundation and then spritzing with Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera to seal (I buy mine at GNC.) It leaves such a nice finish!

By the way, your siggie is hilarious! :D

Thanks for the reply - since she says she's very open to questions, maybe I'll send her a message asking for ingredients of specific products. :)

And to the bolded - heehee, thank you! It's the only one I haven't wanted to change!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file