eyeliner

BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Registered Users Posts: 159
ive been trying to master the eyeliner technique..i bought the bare escentuals black eyeliner powder and really thin eyeliner brush but im not having luck...it doesnt stay on and my eyeliner line is thicker then i want it to be and crooked

im trying to achieve something like this (my eyes are similar color but a little lighter)
eyeliner.jpg

any advice? thanks :)
Diane
2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
•goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
-last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
-colored 3.6.07
-trimmed on 10.1
-softened @ ouidad 10.20

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    a look like that is best achieved with pencil, not powder!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I would love to know how people apply eyeliner. I have only been applying to bottom but I don't know where to stop, etc....I am makeup inept!! I use very little eye makeup (mascara) but love the look of the eyeliner and would love to know to apply.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    xcptnl wrote:
    I would love to know how people apply eyeliner. I have only been applying to bottom but I don't know where to stop, etc....I am makeup inept!! I use very little eye makeup (mascara) but love the look of the eyeliner and would love to know to apply.
    i just start at the corner and end.. at the end! on the rim of my eye before the edge but after the eyelashes. its hard to explain. i only do bottom too because i can't do the top well! i don't do it very dramatic but lots of people are eyeliner pro's and know a LOT
    3b-3c CG
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    You should check out that site I posted with video tutorials, watch the smokey eye video.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    That look could be acheived with a pencil. You should check out the ladies at Makeupalley.com
    Many of them have amazing pics, some have tutorials, and many will share their own personal techniques
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    To keep mineral eyeliner in place, you really need to use some sort of primer. I use minerals with a primer as eyeliner and it stays all day, but I like a very subtle, slightly smudged look, not the total dark line like in your picture. You probably would be better off using pencils for the look you are trying to achieve.
  • KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    try wetting your brush just a tad with the minerals it should stay well and make it easier to apply. Have you tried the creme eyeliners I love thosethey have all colors (mac, bobbi brown)
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file