We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How often do you wet/style your hair?

I don't mean spritzing with water for 2nd-day hair, I mean how often do you do a full wet/condition/style with or without washing. I used to do it every day, then every other, and I've slowly gotten down to now just 1-2 times per week. It definitely doesn't look as good on the later days, but I'm just too darn lazy to do the whole thing too often! Just curious what others do. I realize that some of the options may overlap, but most of us aren't exactly the same every week so I put ranges.
Faith, 3Aish redhead
Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• snap catsnap cat Posts: 72Registered Users
    I said everyday, although on days I don't leave the house I don't bother (but that is like 1 day a week at the moment, if that). I don't co-wash every day, but probably 4-5 times a week. On days I don't I will still wet my hair through, add any extra product and leave to dry as normal.

I haven't gotten to the point where I can just spritz and go.
    3b? Who knows!!
    Very modified-cg.
    Current likes: Too Shea!, WDT, Curls Milkshake, Re:coil, Curls Spiral Cream, CCSS, - not all at the same time :D
    pw: miaow - updated 2006-10-04
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Pixie, I'm with you on the twice a week because I'm just too lazy to go through all it entails more often than that!
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • esmeraldaesmeralda Posts: 187Registered Users
    Because of the cold weather here in Norway, I have to wet my hair at night & pineapple.
    I just cant go out with wet hair!
    2C/3A,jetblack indian curls:)
  • snap catsnap cat Posts: 72Registered Users
    I think it's because I'm still new to everything - I want to try new things all the time, and that means re-wetting my hair/co-washing often. Once I've found the HG routine, and once my pj-ness wears off I'm sure I'll get fed up of it too :wink:
    3b? Who knows!!
    Very modified-cg.
    Current likes: Too Shea!, WDT, Curls Milkshake, Re:coil, Curls Spiral Cream, CCSS, - not all at the same time :D
    pw: miaow - updated 2006-10-04
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I voted everyday because... I do it everyday. My scalp gets gross if I don't wash it everyday. My hair looks better when its styled same day... I just can't master 2nd day hair.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • IwantcurlyhairIwantcurlyhair Posts: 338Registered Users
    I style my hair 2-3 times a week, but I'm trying to get it down to 1-2 times a week.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Everyday. At this point, my second day is downright scary.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do a full soak/co-wash every 3-4 days unless I've put something yucky in my hair. Between times I let the shower steam and "spritz" and use moist stylers like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]Milkshake[/buylink] and BB Styling Lotion
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I go in waves on this...every couple of days for a few months and then every three days and sometimes every fourth day for a while and then back to every couple of days. It depends on how good my hair looks or how lazy I am.

I am doing every couple of days now because lately my hair has been looking terrible! I could never do every day because that is just too much time, effort and products. And every fourth day is when I have exausted all possible hair configurations...all down, half up in a barrette or clip, ponytail or messy bun. If there were more ways I knew how to fix my hair, I probably could get away with longer as my scalp doesn't get very dirty since I don't use heavy, waxy stylers anymore!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Usually every day.

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    Every other. Would LOVE 1 or 2x's a week :cry:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • TwistedChickTwistedChick Posts: 58Registered Users
    Every day. I cannot get second day hair without looking like a freakshow. :lol:

2c (Fia) with some 3a in the middle layer
  • smoke in your eyessmoke in your eyes Posts: 34Registered Users
    Once or twice a week is all I need. I have no problem wearing my hair up in between if it looks bad or I will do pincurls or twists to fix it.
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    I wash/wet my hair 1-2 times a week at the most. My hair is naturally very dry hair and I live where there is hard water, so that is why I don't wash my hair that often.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I condition at least 6 days a week. I was actually able to get decent-looking second day hair for the first time this Sunday. But I don't think I'm mentally prepared to do it on a regular basis. :wink:
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    I voted every day. Sometimes I do second day hair but that's always in a messy bun. But I don't always condition when I take a shower--sometimes I just wet it and detangle with water. I have only gotten 2nd day hair once about a month ago.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    2 or 3 times a week. Too much of a pain to do it more often, plus I think my hair prefers getting a break.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    I voted everyday, 2nd day hair is just....scary. My hair likes it though....
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • LockeLocke Posts: 9Registered Users
    I voted every day, although ist's "only" 5-6 times a week. I'm lazy too but I found a simple routine that works OK for me.

My hair takes ab. 2 hours to dry, I'm kind of famous for leaving the house with wet hair.

2nd day hair means knots and tangles. Trying to get those out means cotton candy.
    3 a/b wash with any cone-free conditioner, light gel or condish for styling

I'd rather have my hair a little bit frizzy than producty
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    I haven't been able to get second day hair since treating my hair better. That's so ironic. When it was dry the 2nd and 3rd day hair would look better and more curly and less crisp. Now I like my first day hair but in the morning the curls all pulled out and it's ratted up (my dogs tend to share my pillow when I'm not looking at night)

Probably as my hair gets longer I'll have re- evaluate how often I wet my hair
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I voted for 1-2 times a week. I actually wish I could wet my hair every other day, but my hair won't stand for it, no matter how much conditioner I use.

I can restyle without completely drenching my hair, usually.
  • jcejce Posts: 507Registered Users
    I voted every day. Looking through the posts, it seems that most everydayers are type 3s. I wonder if it's something with type 3 hair that makes it hard to get 2nd day hair. I just don't feel comfortable enough that it looks ok, plus I get bad tangles too.

Like Locke, I'm sort of known for leaving the house with wet hair. An older lady at church once asked me why I didn't dry my hair before coming to church. Of course she didn't understand about not wanting to use a blowdryer. :roll:
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    Generally every other day. Everyday would be too much for me. I don't get 2nd day hair, though...I always bun on the 2nd day.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa119%2FCrazyCurlyQ%2F" class="Popup

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I voted every day, though I only shampoo once twice a week and water wash the rest of the time. Sometimes if I wake up and my hair isn't a disaster, I'll let the shower mist it while I work around it washing everything else. At this point it's pretty wet though, so it's more than a spritzing.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • curlicious3bcurlicious3b Posts: 458Registered Users
    Voted 2 or 3 times a week.
    3c
  • MissEMissE Posts: 60Registered Users
    Usually every other day for me, sometimes 1-2 times a week when im lazy :lol:
    UK Curly! Pics in Fotki..
    3-a/b
    :love8:
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Every day. I just don't like my hair pulled back in a pony or a bun, and second day hair really doesn't work for me.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote:

Me, too 8) .

About the only time I don't wet my hair is if I know I'm not going out or if I'm sick (which is very rarely).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    That about covers it for me, too! I have to wet my hair everyday. Most days I condition, but not always. Everyday I style w/ RR and gel, then diffuse almost dry.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    jce wrote:
    Like Locke, I'm sort of known for leaving the house with wet hair. An older lady at church once asked me why I didn't dry my hair before coming to church. Of course she didn't understand about not wanting to use a blowdryer. :roll:

This is part of the reason I wet my hair so infrequently - I usually airdry and I hate leaving the house with wet hair. As is, I usually come to work with wet hair around once a week and I hate it. I try to do it on the weekends when I can, when I know I'll be home for a while.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file