Moisturizing

LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
i know this may sound silly... but how do i know my hair is properly moisturized????

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's a curly as you think it can get with minimal frizz!

Actually, mine feels really soft (with minimal frizz.) Of late, I've had two people who I've offered to help with their hair. A good friend who hates her curls and actually just straightened. She thinks she has coarse hair, but actually doesn't. It's just dry and damaged--feels terrible. I can't get her to understand that her hair would feel like mine if she would use moisturizing products and take care of it.

I met my "nephew's" girlfriend, a teenager who hates her curly hair because she doesn't know how to take care of it. Feels it's uncontrollable. I've only seen her hair in a bun or braids. I think her hair is similar to mine in texture, but it feels dry. I'm hoping she will come over so we can work on getting it in shape. I really want to teach her how to work with her hair, so she can learn to love it, too.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kathymack wrote: »
    It's a curly as you think it can get with minimal frizz!

Actually, mine feels really soft (with minimal frizz.) Of late, I've had two people who I've offered to help with their hair. A good friend who hates her curls and actually just straightened. She thinks she has coarse hair, but actually doesn't. It's just dry and damaged--feels terrible. I can't get her to understand that her hair would feel like mine if she would use moisturizing products and take care of it.

I met my "nephew's" girlfriend, a teenager who hates her curly hair because she doesn't know how to take care of it. Feels it's uncontrollable. I've only seen her hair in a bun or braids. I think her hair is similar to mine in texture, but it feels dry. I'm hoping she will come over so we can work on getting it in shape. I really want to teach her how to work with her hair, so she can learn to love it, too.

Kathy I think you rock so hard!! I havent been at this as long as you but I just love it when I can teach someone about how awesome being CG is. I've even accomplished getting my 65yo grandmother to no longer hate her curls and embrace them and it made me feel really good to help her and a few of my other friends hooked my the creamy crack (relaxers) to set their hair free. Its sooo worth it!!!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, Naturalista. I feel so badly for the young curlies. They don't have a lot of role models. We need to give them the opportunity to love their hair and have choices.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LorloriLorlori Posts: 56Registered Users
    thanks!!!!

my hair doesn't feel bad without product, but i does have some frizz!!! i think i need some more moisture...

and the thing about older role models... so true!!! my mother hates her hair and i just can't get her to become CG!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file