Spiral Solutions

mabbott09mabbott09 Posts: 76Registered Users
Any 3/a curlies try runnerchiki's Spiral Solutions yet? I just ordered the CEJ, deep treatment and the protein treatment and I was curious if anyone had any good/bad experiences with them yet. They are getting rave reviews so I'm very eager to try mine as soon as they arrive!
3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein :D

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
cowash:V05 moisture milks
Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
Leave in- GF TN
Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted:afro:

Comments

• juliewoojuliewoo Posts: 88Registered Users
    I have the protein treatment, the deep treatment, and the CEJ in the mail. I love both the PT and the DT. I'm still trying to get the CEJ to work for me (I was a sample tester), so I'm hoping the new stuff will work a little better for me. Her products are really nice quality, though.
    2c-3a / fine / low porosity
    CG since 12/20/2009

Currently using:
    Cleansing: Giovanni TTTT, SM Moisture Retention
    Rinse Outs: Giovanni 50:50
    Stylers: KCCC, KCKT, BRHG
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The products are really high quality. I have, and have used, everything but the FHG. My hair doesn't need, or care for, gel most of the year.

The PT is incredible. Easy to use and doesn't make your hair "hard." I don't need to DT, my hair is in good shape. I've used it under the Curling Jelly and it's a really nice combination. I rarely need a hair butter, but this one is nice and light. My hair is low porosity and it takes it a while to absorb products like this--because of the ingredients, this does really well.

I think you'll be really happy with your order.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    The products are really high quality. I have, and have used, everything but the FHG. My hair doesn't need, or care for, gel most of the year.

The PT is incredible. Easy to use and doesn't make your hair "hard." I don't need to DT, my hair is in good shape. I've used it under the Curling Jelly and it's a really nice combination. I rarely need a hair butter, but this one is nice and light. My hair is low porosity and it takes it a while to absorb products like this--because of the ingredients, this does really well.

I think you'll be really happy with your order.

Seconding all that. My hair loves the Firm Hold Gel too...I just love all her stuff!
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Her stuff is fabulous!!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mabbott09mabbott09 Posts: 76Registered Users
    I received my package this morning! I must say that I'm really impressed with the delivery time, and if her products are as good as everyone says I will be a customer of Spiral Solutions for a very long time :) I can't wait to try them out tomorrow morning!!:toothy8:

Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
    Leave in- GF TN

• Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So, what do you think of SS? I really like the clean feel but this line is something I can only use when dews are above 40 or my hair totally flattens even with the firm hold gel. I am waiting for the dews to rise so I can use up the rest of my samples to see if it is really worth buying a full size. I have not tried the Protein yet and may get some of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
    So, what do you think of SS? I really like the clean feel but this line is something I can only use when dews are above 40 or my hair totally flattens even with the firm hold gel. I am waiting for the dews to rise so I can use up the rest of my samples to see if it is really worth buying a full size. I have not tried the Protein yet and may get some of that.

I'm really loving the results so far. I've only tried the deeply decadent treatment and the protein treatment. Both work very well for my hair. The fragrance seems to linger but thats fine, I dont mind smelling like Chocolate Caramel Latte. I used the protein treatment as a leave-in on my damp ends (my hair LOVES protein) and the results are astounding! My bottom layers are now a solid 3/a almost 3/b and they are usually 2/b and 2/c. I think these might be some HG products!

Leave in- GF TN

• sweet peasweet pea Posts: 58Registered Users
    I've never used Spiral Solutions. (In fact, I'm still new to the CG routine and still using Suave as a co-wash!) Anyway, I follow this blog: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/ and she recently reviewed Spiral Solutions. It's really good info and she's got pics!!
    :hello2: Sweet Pea
    CG Since: 3 January 2010
    Type: 2c/3a, med-high porosity, baby fine, very long!
    Conditioners: BB Smoothie
    Stylers: BB FSG
    MY HAIR :love4: PROTEIN!!
    Lady Sweet Pea, Master Enchantress and Paladin of the Spiral Faeries in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    sweet pea wrote: »
    I've never used Spiral Solutions. (In fact, I'm still new to the CG routine and still using Suave as a co-wash!) Anyway, I follow this blog: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/ and she recently reviewed Spiral Solutions. It's really good info and she's got pics!!

Oh yeah, Laura Lee's blog is really helpful especially if you read her article on following the CG method! Reading her reviews (and everyone elses) on the SS is what convinced me to give it a try. I have nothing but good things to say about this line of products they are amazing :)

Leave in- GF TN

• masa_innmasa_inn Posts: 306Registered Users
    Used CEJ today for the first time; my hair is air-drying right now. I really love the ease of application (as compared to my staple - [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]) and non-sticky, very clean and light feel. It did enhanced my curls quite well, definitely not less than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. The only drawback for me is the price. I had to use A LOT for my BSL hair. I'll have to experiment more, but as of now, I would estimate 8oz bottle last me for 8 applications. This product is definitely very high quality and made from scratch, so it cannot be cheap.

I'd say, for short hair it would be my ideal solution.

Here is a pic: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_D5xc6jwT3oY/S4Vtw19lTbI/AAAAAAAABPo/kGkurRuyWpw/s144/02%2024%2010%20SS%20CEJ%20005.JPG
    Brunette, almost BSL length, growing out.
    CG since Feb 2008, modified CG since September 2008.

I now know my texture/porosity!! (TY, Tiffany!) Medium texture; ends on a porous side; new growth - normal porosity.

Wash: Suave; EO Sweet Orange shampoo

Conditioner: GVP Balm, Mango Lustrasilk

Styling: KCCC, BRHG and LA Looks

Want to try: CJ
    masa, the way your hair looks in that picture is worth whatever it costs! It looks incredible.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I finally decided to try the SS CEJ (I was trying to wait until my FHG arrived) and all I can say is wow. I really love this stuff! Lately, no matter what I do my hair ends up with big moist and frizz free curls after I air dry then finish off with some light diffusing.

Its pretty but (of course) I like it tighter and more spirally. I discovered that if I just spritz my hair lightly with some water and add a pump or two of the CEJ it spirals right up! So for enhancing curl definition and frizz reduction I give the CEJ 5 stars :) Plus it smells really good, and I love the way it feels light and not sticky. Its super versatile! :cheers:

I attached a pic of it this morning

Leave in- GF TN

Very cute!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yesterday I tried a couple palmfuls of Seamollient
    (more than I would normally use) under a little FHG; I got more shrinkage than ever and my curls were bouncy all day! I thought for sure my hair would be glued into unscrunchable strings , it was kind of like soft noodles but I could easily scrunch it out without making much frizz. This is a great combo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a head of hair that's about 2/5 3a and 3/5 3b. I ordered and got my Spiral Solutions stuff today (CEJ, FHG, DPT, DDM, Butter). I plan to try them either tomorrow or Monday night (right now, my hair's clean and okay for second day hair with Curl Junkie stuff).

I am eager to see how it works on me, and I'll report back. It was weird to open one jar and smell CARAMEL LATTE. It was like being at Starbucks.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Okay so I have now tried the Spiral solutions Deeply Decadent, Repairing protein treatment, the Curl Enhancing Jelly, and Firm hold gel.

I must say I'm absolutely in love with the Deeply Decadent and the protein treatment. Sadly, I've been experimenting for days with the CEJ and FHG but I just cannot seem to get them to work for my hair. They do help a lot with the frizz and add shine but my hair flattens and doesn't want to curl up like it usually does. I've tried every application technique I can think of and it just doesn't work. Kinda disappointing because I know all of runnerchiki's products are excellent quality. Maybe these styling products would be helpful in very high dew points.

If anyone has any suggestions for using the CEJ and FHG that would be awesome!

Leave in- GF TN

• LynnInColoradoLynnInColorado Posts: 21Registered Users
    (more than I would normally use) under a little FHG; I got more shrinkage than ever and my curls were bouncy all day! I thought for sure my hair would be glued into unscrunchable strings , it was kind of like soft noodles but I could easily scrunch it out without making much frizz. This is a great combo!

I have some FSG and Seamollient thanks to KathyMack samples. Will try this tomorrow before an all day conference followed by my very first appt. with a Deva-trained stylist with great reviews on this site. Exciting!:blob7:
    Sulfates/cone-free since 2/1/10: Type: 3b, fine & thinnish. Water: Alkaline well water. Climate: Dry mile-high. Wash: Elucence Moisture Benefits alternating with a mixture of Devacare Low-Poo & No-Poo. CO: CJ Deep Fix or CJ Curl Rehab. Styling Product: Small amt. CJ CIAB combed through sopping wet hair. Style: Scrunch out water w/Curls Like Us cloth, Plop for 15 min with Curl-ease towel, finger comb and shake upside down, clip to add height at part, air dry. Color: Demi at a salon.:compress:
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users

I have some FSG and Seamollient thanks to KathyMack samples. Will try this tomorrow before an all day conference followed by my very first appt. with a Deva-trained stylist with great reviews on this site. Exciting!:blob7:

Is your stylist in Colorado Springs? 'Cause my stylist (Nicole) is, and I found her through this site. She's awesome. And I would kill for her hair. :happy10:

rc
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Is your stylist in Colorado Springs? 'Cause my stylist (Nicole) is, and I found her through this site. She's awesome. And I would kill for her hair. :happy10:

rc[/quote]

No, I'm near Parker, so going to Lather A Salon. I lived in the Springs and then near Divide '82-'88. Am heading up to visit friends in Woodland Park this weekend. So pretty.
    Sulfates/cone-free since 2/1/10: Type: 3b, fine & thinnish. Water: Alkaline well water. Climate: Dry mile-high. Wash: Elucence Moisture Benefits alternating with a mixture of Devacare Low-Poo & No-Poo. CO: CJ Deep Fix or CJ Curl Rehab. Styling Product: Small amt. CJ CIAB combed through sopping wet hair. Style: Scrunch out water w/Curls Like Us cloth, Plop for 15 min with Curl-ease towel, finger comb and shake upside down, clip to add height at part, air dry. Color: Demi at a salon.:compress:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love all the Spiral Solutions products I've tried so far (Protein DT, Deeply Decadent, CEJ & FHG). I have consistently great hair with her stuff.

I use the FHG a little differently than a regular gel, but it works for me ... I use the CEJ as a curl enhancer (over LI), followed by a gel (not SS). I then clip and diffuse. After I've diffused for a couple of minutes, I scrunch in some of SS's FHG and continue diffusing. It has worked like a charm for me this way.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users

rc

No, I'm near Parker, so going to Lather A Salon. I lived in the Springs and then near Divide '82-'88. Am heading up to visit friends in Woodland Park this weekend. So pretty.
    I'm near Parker too! I see a Deva certified stylist at Shapes Salon downtown. I got almost 6 inches cut off on Saturday. :)

How'd your haircut go the other day?

I've tried the Repairing Protein Treatment, Deeply Decadent, the curling jelly, and the firm hold gel. They all work great! I LOVE the conditioners. The curling jelly gave me amazing curls, but the firm hold gel didn't have enough hold for me. I need a HUGE amount of hold to keep frizz at bay.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
    Nallia wrote: »

rc

I'm near Parker too! I see a Deva certified stylist at Shapes Salon downtown. I got almost 6 inches cut off on Saturday. :)

How'd your haircut go the other day?

I've tried the Repairing Protein Treatment, Deeply Decadent, the curling jelly, and the firm hold gel. They all work great! I LOVE the conditioners. The curling jelly gave me amazing curls, but the firm hold gel didn't have enough hold for me. I need a HUGE amount of hold to keep frizz at bay.

Hi back! I like the cut, but I'm still struggling with the styling thing because I don't like gels and the lightweight mousse I got didn't seem to do much. Will keep trying. How did your cut go?
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    I LOVE my cut! I was so excited about it that I started a thread in the general section. :D It's nice to see another member from CO here. There aren't many of us!
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
    runnerchicki is from Colorado, too.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I love all the Spiral Solutions products I've tried so far (Protein DT, Deeply Decadent, CEJ & FHG). I have consistently great hair with her stuff.

I use the FHG a little differently than a regular gel, but it works for me ... I use the CEJ as a curl enhancer (over LI), followed by a gel (not SS). I then clip and diffuse. After I've diffused for a couple of minutes, I scrunch in some of SS's FHG and continue diffusing. It has worked like a charm for me this way.

Ok, you know I have to ask. What gel are you using after the CEJ? Your routine has been working well for me lately (I think my porosity has changed) so now I have to know this, too! :toothy10:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    msgiblet wrote: »

Ok, you know I have to ask. What gel are you using after the CEJ? Your routine has been working well for me lately (I think my porosity has changed) so now I have to know this, too! :toothy10:

I'm giggling as I type this, because I know you're going to bang your head ... :banghead:

I used the KMS Cranberry and Pepper gel !!!!!! :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

Just in case you haven't run out and repurchased the one you got rid of ... The Princess Glaze and Ohm Aloe Gel are also working well for me. The KMS is that bit stronger though.
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

I'm giggling as I type this, because I know you're going to bang your head ... :banghead:

Just in case you haven't run out and repurchased the one you got rid of ... The Princess Glaze and Ohm Aloe Gel are also working well for me. The KMS is that bit stronger though.

AAACCCCCCKKKK!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: No, I haven't run out and repurchased the KMS gel yet. I have a bottle of the Ohm Aloe Gel, though, so maybe I'll try that on top the CEJ and then the FHG after diffusing a bit. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AAACCCCCCKKKK!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: No, I haven't run out and repurchased the KMS gel yet. I have a bottle of the Ohm Aloe Gel, though, so maybe I'll try that on top the CEJ and then the FHG after diffusing a bit. Thanks!

I've added that little step of scrunching something in after a few minutes of diffusing. It is working really well. The last thing I needed was another step to my routine, but what the heck - it is a way to use up some of the products I have !!

I've added that little step of scrunching something in after a few minutes of diffusing. It is working really well. The last thing I needed was another step to my routine, but what the heck - it is a way to use up some of the products I have !!

I tried the Ohm Aloe gel over the CEJ this morning and then did your step of scrunching in a little FHG after diffusing for a few minutes. I've got good curl, but my hair looks too wet and I had a lot of crunch. I used small amounts of everything so I don't know what the problem is. This is why I'm thinking either my porosity has changed or I'm a much lower porosity than I thought I was because it is taking forever for things to absorb lately. My hair looks good about the time I get home from work so I've started using much smaller amounts. My hair doesn't seem to do as well unless I put in products into soaking wet hair which might explain the crunch I got with applying some product after diffusing first. I didn't diffuse for very long and my hair still seemed pretty wet, but must not have been wet enough. Might have just been too many products, too. :confused2:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is why I'm thinking either my porosity has changed or I'm a much lower porosity than I thought I was because it is taking forever for things to absorb lately. My hair looks good about the time I get home from work so I've started using much smaller amounts. My hair doesn't seem to do as well unless I put in products into soaking wet hair which might explain the crunch I got with applying some product after diffusing first. I didn't diffuse for very long and my hair still seemed pretty wet, but must not have been wet enough. Might have just been too many products, too. :confused2:

Welcome to my world! Sounds like you may be lower porosity, now. Sometimes, my hair doesn't look really "finished" for until the early afternoon! That's why I'm hesitant to scrunch in more product after my hair starts to dry.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file