I'm not even 20 yet...I need your advice, please

calmwithcurlscalmwithcurls Registered Users Posts: 78
Whether you believe in "scab hair" or not I have two patches of thin unbelievably dry hair at both of my temples only. Now I am willing to accept 4b/c/d whatever you call it on my head but this just doesn't look healthy. While I managed to grow almost 3 inches in 3 months on all other parts of my hair these two sections are NOT growing and to be honest never grew like the rest of my hair. I know it hair been relaxed there because there is pieces of relaxed hair attached but it's sooo thin so I posted this here. How can I encourage my hair to grow in these two spots? It's like they are frozen in time! :tongue6:
6 months into transitioning! :lol:
Hair Type: Don't care now, just want it long enough to be put in a ponytail :hippy2:
New Hair Resolution: Hair Health and Length!
:wav:

Comments

• calmwithcurlscalmwithcurls Registered Users Posts: 78
    If you noticed I called it fluff in my signature if someone could tell me how to make that a link to this thread that would be most helpful if can't help in the thinning hair aspect.:sad9:
    Hair Type: Don't care now, just want it long enough to be put in a ponytail :hippy2:
  • gingeredcurlymumgingeredcurlymum Registered Users Posts: 12
    I've read castor oil works wonders.

I use coconut oil for DT, and seem to be getting more new growth in addition to my hair growing faster, so that might help. Though I massage it into my scalp pretty well, and scalp massage is supposed to help, so I'm not sure if it's the oil or massage or combination.

Also, I keep reading about henna helping with hair growth.
    curly type 3 (a b & c!!!)
    m iii
    BSL
    CG as of 02/10
    No-pooing for years (always left my hair dry)
    Cond: AOHR + Honey Rinse
    DT: Coconut Oil!!! - LOVE THE STUFF!
    Styling: aiming for none, but DevaCurl SIF, HETT, and/or AVG (and more often than my hair would like baby drool and finger styling with baby food - at least it's fresh and organic!)
    Testing: Henna/Cassia + Amla (just ordered it, will try asap!)
  • calmwithcurlscalmwithcurls Registered Users Posts: 78
    Thanks for your help, I'll start those scalp massages right away! :sleepy6: I have heard of henna before and I saw a bunch of it when I went to Whole Foods last weekend but I don't understand what it is exactly. Do people use it to dye hair and will it alter the color of my hair? (If that's way off I'm sorry because whatever threads I was looking at I thought had nothing to do with Henna so I didn't pay close attention) :sad10: (Did you see this thing? I thought he/she was hungry for a second then I noticed he was licking his tear away!)
    henna does 'dye' hair - the henna they sell at WF may or may not be 100% pure - from what i understand it needs to be super pure, and body art quality (BAQ) henna is better for hair than 'henna for hair' because it's purer. it does stain the hair, and give it a bit of a red tint. All real henna is red, things have to be added for other colors. I know there's another known as 'neutral/clear henna' that's actually Cassia, it wont tint your hair red, or can be mixed to make it less red. There's also indigo, which I think makes it black, and can be mixed so it hides the red. mehandi.com sells pure BAQ henna, and have a great forum on it where someone else could answer questions better. I know there are lots of people with before and after pics and their hair grew a lot faster than usual because the henna made their hair and scalp healthier.

that tear licking icon is funny, i hadn't noticed that.
    m iii
    BSL
    CG as of 02/10
    Styling: aiming for none, but DevaCurl SIF, HETT, and/or AVG (and more often than my hair would like baby drool and finger styling with baby food - at least it's fresh and organic!)
    henna for hair has lots of info on henna/indigo/etc, and an e-book with more information on it. you can ask anything in the forums too - they seem to be very honest and helpful!
    m iii
    BSL
    CG as of 02/10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file