grrrr... Hair straightening...

PeacexPassionPeacexPassion Registered Users Posts: 65
Guys, i'm now at a loss. whenever I try to straighten (with heat) my 3c/4a hair, no matter what i do, it doesn't get that straight. Its pretty resiliant and gets frizzy and wavy-ish by the time i move on to the next section...
Advice to get it straight and keep it that way
And please don't suggest a relaxer
:)
APL Stetched
Random 3c/4a/4b mix
BSL while curly. I'm going to get there. :afro:

"Maybe some women weren't meant to be tamed, maybe they're suppose to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with." -
Carrie Bradshaw

Comments

• BiancaBianca Registered Users Posts: 2,492 Curl Connoisseur
    I flat iron my hair myself and it straightens pretty well.

It took me a long time to learn what worked for my hair and the two most important things are the spray I use on my hair before I flat iron each section and the flat iron itself.

A cheapo flat iron just doesn't do the job. And a good heat/humidity protectant is key.

My flat iron is a UG and I use Aveda Damage Control on my hair to straighten it. I finish with KeraCare oil sheen spray.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • PeacexPassionPeacexPassion Registered Users Posts: 65
    Thanks a bunch, I'll def. look into getting a better straightener and maybe i'll try out Aveda
    :D!
    APL Stetched
    Random 3c/4a/4b mix
    BSL while curly. I'm going to get there. :afro:

"Maybe some women weren't meant to be tamed, maybe they're suppose to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with." -
    Carrie Bradshaw

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file