maxiglide

yaya29yaya29 Registered Users Posts: 1
I just saw this product advertised on a shopping channel. Has anyone used it and what was your experience? Thanks.
yv

Comments

• jilljilljilljill Registered Users Posts: 7
    I bought the maxiglide about a year and a half ago, after seeing the results on TV. I had much longer hair then. For me, it was not that great. It did pull out a lot of hairs with each pass, and also, my hair was still semi frizzy. I used it some though, because I hadn't tried any of the other flat iron on the market for years, and it was the closest I could get my hair to straight. Then, on a whim, I got a haircut and blowout and the lady at the salon used a Ceramic Tools flat iron on my hair. I immediately went to Sally's after the salon and got the Ceramic Tools Tourmaline. No, it is not a Chi, Sedu or Maxiglide for that matter, but it works best for my hair. I have very curly hair, with a ton of frizz and this makes my hair very flat and sleek looking. I hope this helps!
    I bought the maxiglide about a year and a half ago, after seeing the results on TV. I had much longer hair then. For me, it was not that great. It did pull out a lot of hairs with each pass, and also, my hair was still semi frizzy. I used it some though, because I hadn't tried any of the other flat iron on the market for years, and it was the closest I could get my hair to straight. Then, on a whim, I got a haircut and blowout and the lady at the salon used a Ceramic Tools flat iron on my hair. I immediately went to Sally's after the salon and got the Ceramic Tools Tourmaline. No, it is not a Chi, Sedu or Maxiglide for that matter, but it works best for my hair. I have very curly hair, with a ton of frizz and this makes my hair very flat and sleek looking. I hope this helps!
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I had a different experience from jilljill. I love the maxiglide. When I use it I get super straight hair with body. I haven't had problems with the detangling pins pulling out too much hair...but I also comb through with a fine tooth bone comb first. My hair looks better with the maxiglide then when i used relaxers. I use tons of heat protectant and I've never had a problem.

There was an older thread on it, if you do a search for maxiglide you should be able to find it. Good luck with whatever u decide
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
    I will agree with TruDous, lots of people have a great experience with Maxiglide. Maybe because my hair was quite a bit longer and maybe not in the best condition was what caused it to be frizzy. I'm going to give it another try and see how it works now!!
  • siren8780siren8780 Registered Users Posts: 36
    I wasn't fond of the maxiglide at first because it wasn't working for my hair. I realized after being more patient that it was "human error" and not the maxiglide at fault. I realized that 1) I need to drench my thick 3C/4A hair with anti frizz creme and use silicone products like Paul Mitchells Super Skinny Shine Serum 2) I need to blow my hair out using a blow out comb and 3) I need to straighten smaller sections of hair (no more than 3 inches wide and 1/4-1/2 inch thick. I did all of these things saturday and I was AMAZED at how well and how quickly the maxiglide straightened my hair. I did my whole head in less than an hour! And I have lot of thick hair.

I've tried regualr ceraic irons and using straightening combs with no success. This is the only thing I know of that will straigten my hair quickly with out frying it. Straightening combs never seem to get my ends straigt and falt irons are useless with my hair. My hair laughs at stuff like that. But the maxiglide was able to whip my hiar into submission. I'll post some pics of my hair tomorrow so you can see how it worked for me.
    I love my curly hair.
    3c/4a
  • nutmeg546nutmeg546 Registered Users Posts: 2
    i have had the maxiglide for a year and a half with fabulous results. I have 3c hair. After i wash my hair, i braid it and sleep on it overnight to avoid tangles. Then i straighten my hair in 3 inch wide, 1/2 inch thick sections. From using the heat protecter and leave in conditioners, i have experienced little damage. ( i wash and straighten my hair every five days)

i went to maxius.com and bought a total package that included the end serum and beyond straight. I COULD NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT THESE PRODUCTS!
  • kurlskurls Registered Users Posts: 843
    I SWEAR by this product! I bought mine about 2yrs ago I think it was that long ago) and LOVE IT! Since cutting my hair short, I wasn't able to use it for about 7 mos, but now that it's growing back, I can finally grab some HAIR... :D Have not has much damage from using it - although I do put protectant on my hair.

But my mother loved it so much that SHE got one (she got the mini)...my sister is going to buy one now after trying mine, and 2 of my girlfriends (both with naturally curly hair) have gone and got one.
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    I like mine alot. I get some breakage and damage if I don't use enough serum and stuff, so be sure you moisturize and protect your hair before flat ironing. Once I learned to move slowly w/ the comb attachment I didn't have a problem.

It works great to comb out and smooth my frizzy hair, but it doesn't leave it so flat that there is no body.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • jujucabanajujucabana Registered Users Posts: 153
    this thread will hopefully help me master the maxi glide. i'm going to try again.

i finally used the maxiglide properly, although i havent been able to get the roots straightened...cause its so big...or perhaps im not using it properly

• cjccjc Registered Users Posts: 636
    I really hated it. I got it at BBB and returned it. My hair is very thick and curly...it didnt work for me.
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    my hair is really thick and curly, and it worked perfectly for me. the only problem is that it is so big, that it is hard to straighten the roots.

• SoLastSunday152SoLastSunday152 Registered Users Posts: 428
    I hated this thing. It pulled my hair out with all of those little pins.
    Lindsey
    BKT'ed
    becks.jpg
  • ForbiddenskyyForbiddenskyy Registered Users Posts: 5
    My sister and I both bought a maxiglide and they both stopped working after about 1.5 years. By stopped working I mean that they no longer heat up to maximum potential, so they don't straighten as well. If you have short to medium length hair it works well as long as you blow dry first and use straightening products.
  • curly365curly365 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I have been using maxiglide for almost a year now. Love it.. But I use it almost everyday :happy2: and it has dried my hair a lot. So be careful and use some moisturising serums when you flatiron.
  • simpleelivinsimpleelivin Registered Users Posts: 10
    Hello gurlies! I don't have the maxiglide yet but I was at ULTA the other day and the sales woman was telling me that it will be able to keep my hair straight even in the humidity.... I live in Florida where the humidity is super high..usually when i straighten my hair it poofs up :afro: as soon as I spend a little time outside, so I was wondering since you ladies already have it...does the maxiglide keep your hair straight even in the humid air?? hope you ladies can help .. Thanks in advance!!

hair type: mostly 3c
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews about the maxiglide...

I *had* a chi iron, but I seem to have lost it when I moved :(
    So I'm off to purchase the maxiglide from BBB... Hopefully I'll get good results...
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • shoneeshonee Registered Users Posts: 57
    I have a maxi and love it. It will be one yr at the end of this month that I have had mine.
  • natashamcknatashamck Registered Users Posts: 434
    natashamck wrote:
    There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews about the maxiglide...

I *had* a chi iron, but I seem to have lost it when I moved :(
    So I'm off to purchase the maxiglide from BBB... Hopefully I'll get good results...

I've only used it once, but I'm feelin' my maxiglide. With my chi iron I had to make sure that my ends were straightened (and not just flattened) The detangling pins on the maxiglide are getting my ends pretty straight.

Hopefully I won't have any issues with any of the parts breaking...
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    I wouldn't mind trying the maxiglide. Those informercials just suck me in everytime! I have a flat iron that my MIL bought me quite a number of years ago but I don't think it's exactly the most high tech, high end of irons. It's the only flat iron I've ever used and my hair never gets completely straight, especially at the roots, so I'm wondering if it's my hair or just my flat iron.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Registered Users Posts: 258
    GET IT!! I cannot recommend the M-glide highly enough! :blob7:

I adore mine, I've raved about it on another thread but I will just say it is worth the money...and I have about six hair irons right now -- I have tried MANY of them --- and my Maxiglide is one of the two I plan on keeping.

Some Tips for Maxi:

The key thing to remember is that you use it VERY differently from a regular hair iron. You don't clamp it down on your hair tightly, you leave the plates loose and glide very gently down you hair -- this takes practice, I've been using mine for about six months and still don't have this down perfectly -- yet my hair looks great when I use it, so don't fret that you can't get it perfectly at first...

Also, it is considerably heavier than a regular iron but I feel this gives me better control -- still, when I switch to a regular iron it feels light as air -- so be prepared for this.

The "Beyond Straight" thermal protectant that Maxiglide sells (often in a package with other products along with the iron) is SUPERB...one of the best products I have ever used...gets your hair to stay straight in all conditions, just like the infomercials say!! And I am the MOST skeptical person I know when it comes to accepting a product's claims, or thinking that pricier products are better than cheap ones...But I must give due props to the Beyond Straight, it is fabulous and really enhances the Maxiglide's effectiveness.

I have NOT used the "steam burst technology" and don't intend to, so I can't comment on that. :tongue5:
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • SoulGloSoulGlo Registered Users Posts: 39
    I LOVE my maxiglide! I don't plan on using it for a while because I just went natural and my hair is really short now. But, when my hair was longer I would use it a lot. It gets my hair straight with just one pass so it's much faster than a standard flight iron. Make sure to follow the directions perfectly though because it can pull your hair out if you do not angle it right or comb the tangles out of you hair before use. Oh, and make sure to apply some kind of heat protection spary on your hair first. And if your hair is dry use a little oil for shine. Good luck!
    3C-ish/4A-ish
    Last relaxer: 12/06?
    BC: 12/07 (I did the honors:-)
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/SuaSponte/
    PW: Liberation
  • curlygrly1979curlygrly1979 Registered Users Posts: 8
    I bought one of these irons. The result wasn't as good as my regular Babyliss and HAI irons. I think I've used it twice.
    Hair Type: 2b/3a
  • curlynyricancurlynyrican Registered Users Posts: 134
    I love my MaxiGlide. I part my hair in small sections and comb through with a fine tooth comb before I run the iron over it. This Alleviates the hair pulling that I experienced when I first used it.
    3c/4a 3 Years Relaxer Free!

http://public.fotki.com/curlynyrican/
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have one and when I do straighten (about 2x a year) this is the only one I can manage.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    Is it less damaging to the hair than a regular flat iron (because of the steam feature) ?
    And does it keep your hair straight even when it's very humid ?
  • whimsywhimsy Registered Users Posts: 48
    Maxiglide is the BEST!!!

See my blog for how awesomely it straightened my 3c/4a hair.

It's truly amazing.
  • ViennaCoffeeViennaCoffee Registered Users Posts: 6
    No I haven't used the maxiglide before but I am thinking about getting one in the future
    dollhouse_logo.gif

heels-logo-ongreen.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file