What does Carmindy use as foundation?

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
Does anyone know what brand Carmindy uses as her spray foundation? She sprays it onto a sponge and then applies it? If you use it, what is your verdict?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• ResRes Registered Users Posts: 2,911
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    She's using Sally Hansen's Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy
    http://www.sallyhansennaturalbeauty.com/products/skin/Airbrush-Spray-Makeup

Here's Carmindy's site
    http://www.carmindy.com
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks to both! Maybe it's a gimmick, but I'm curious if it goes on more evenly than regular liquids.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • juliewoojuliewoo Registered Users Posts: 88
    Funny this thread should pop up - I was just wondering this today! I'll have to check out one of my local CVS stores (there are about 100 of them here, one of them is bound to have it, right?) She gets such an even look from using that foundation and it looks nice and light.
    2c-3a / fine / low porosity
    CG since 12/20/2009

Currently using:
    Cleansing: Giovanni TTTT, SM Moisture Retention
    Rinse Outs: Giovanni 50:50
    Stylers: KCCC, KCKT, BRHG
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    juliewoo wrote: »
    Funny this thread should pop up - I was just wondering this today! I'll have to check out one of my local CVS stores (there are about 100 of them here, one of them is bound to have it, right?) She gets such an even look from using that foundation and it looks nice and light.

I see it at mine so it has to be at yours, but it's pricey about 14 dollars a spray bottle.

But I love sally hansen's spray on leg stuff. I used it on my back to cover up my backne scars.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    turtles wrote: »
    I see it at mine so it has to be at yours, but it's pricey about 14 dollars a spray bottle.

But I love sally hansen's spray on leg stuff. I used it on my back to cover up my backne scars.

Found it at one out of the 3 CVS stores I tried. Of course, they didn't have the color I needed in stock. Oh well. At least I know where to find it now! :thumright:
    CG since 12/20/2009

Currently using:
  • mandyvmandyv Registered Users Posts: 2,437 Curl Connoisseur
    Will you let us know how you liked it after you try it? I've always wondered too and the makeup, at least on TV, always looks so nice. Seem like kind of a low-end brand though.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    there's also only 6 shades of that air brush makeup. the light ones look awfully pink, too.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    There was a different, high-end spray-on foundation she used before she got the sponsorship deal with Sally's. I can't remember what it was, but you could google around for it.
    I'm going to check out Sephoras since I'd like to be sure I'm getting a good color match. I think the high end one was Dior, but I'm going to check online first. If anyone else tries it, let us know what you think.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    There was a different, high-end spray-on foundation she used before she got the sponsorship deal with Sally's. I can't remember what it was, but you could google around for it.

It was Dior AirFlash. Its $60 a can though....:shock:
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
    AAAAAAEEEEeeeeekkkk!!!1 I can buy a new face for $60. Forget that. Thanks anyway. :flower:
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Registered Users Posts: 323 Curl Neophyte
    I wanted to comment on Carmindy's line of spray foundations.

I love her Natural Beauty makeup line and the Your Skin liquid foundation is really great. I don't even like liquid foundation, but I find myself using hers when I need to look put together. The liquid foundation has very good coverage and I can barely feel it when it's on. To me, they are everything a liquid foundation should be.

I was really excited to try the spray foundations because I knew Carmindy was a big fan of them. These are an epic FAIL! As already mentioned, there are only six shades to choose from and I found that I can't use any of them. I bought TWO thinking that my first choice must have been wrong, but I can't figure out how to get either one to work for me. One shade is too dark and looks grey when applied, and the other is just too light. Do not waste your $14 on the sprays.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
    I wanted to comment on Carmindy's line of spray foundations.

I love her Natural Beauty makeup line and the Your Skin liquid foundation is really great. I don't even like liquid foundation, but I find myself using hers when I need to look put together. The liquid foundation has very good coverage and I can barely feel it when it's on. To me, they are everything a liquid foundation should be.

I was really excited to try the spray foundations because I knew Carmindy was a big fan of them. These are an epic FAIL! As already mentioned, there are only six shades to choose from and I found that I can't use any of them. I bought TWO thinking that my first choice must have been wrong, but I can't figure out how to get either one to work for me. One shade is too dark and looks grey when applied, and the other is just too light. Do not waste your $14 on the sprays.

That's good to know about the spray foundations. I have been searching high and low for them in my shade with no luck. But if her liquid foundations are good maybe I'll try that instead. Did you also try her "face primer"? Wondering if it actually makes a difference for the application of her other products.
    CG since 12/20/2009

Currently using:
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Registered Users Posts: 323 Curl Neophyte
    You know, I bought the primer but have rarely used it so I'm not even sure that I could fairly review it. I've read reviews that it's too sparkly. I think I've only used it once or twice and I remember that I didn't like the feel of it under the makeup. It was too thick and felt like a mask.

I did use a new "primer" on Saturday underneath the Your Skin foundation and I loved it! I'd been reading about it but hadn't tried it yet. This product isn't meant to be used as a primer but works really well for that purpose. I used Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel and, basically, it has the same ingredients as the Smashbox primer but at a dirt cheap cost in comparison. You can google the product and the word "primer" for articles or read the reviews about it on MakeupAlley.com. Amazing results! My face felt so smooth. I couldn't feel the powder-gel on my face at all and the foundation lasted all day.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^i use the anti-chafing gel too! at $3 per tube, it's a LOT easier to take than the price of the Smashbox stuff!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910
    I am strictly a minerl makeup girl. I purchased the Your Face Makeup by Carmindy for the same reason as tonsofcurlz, for when I want to look more put together. I have to say for a liquid makeup, it's pretty good. It covered (and didn't irritate) my roscea, it was light weight, and the color was right on (normally liquid foundation is darker than my skin). The only thing was that I found it was hard to remove at the end of the day. Even with makeup remover, I had to rub pretty hard. It's not something that I would want to wear everyday, but it is nice for a fuller coverage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file