Hello from Tennessee

Hello to all. I am new to all this. My mother has been fighting Breast cancer for many years now (since 1986- Breast Cancer twice and 2 years ago had first reoccurance in her bone went into remission and now has reoccurred in multiple different areas in her bone). Tumor markers seem to be giving positive numbers with new "non-chemo" treatment. This is the fourth time she has had cancer. With the second round of Breast Cancer, she had chemo two times, radiation, and a stem cell transplant. At that time she lost all of her beautiful, long, thick hair. It has never been the same since. She has tried everything. Since her second breast cancer treatment, she has received chemo again. This little hair she had fell out with that treatment, but came back thicker to begin with. Then approx 6 months later, it thinned again. It is so thin, that you can see her scalp all over her head, especially on her upper scalp. She wears wigs when she leaves the house, because it is so thin. She has tried every treatment out there. I just heard from a person at my work about MT. I have been reading your blogs for approx an hour or so. I am just wondering if anyone with cancer hair loss has ever tried MT and what there results were? I am desperate to help my mother. I don't know how much longer she has with us. My hope is for several more years, but no matter what, I would love to look into MT. It may help her feel better. We were talking about it and she lit up like a firecracker. It was precious to see the light inher eyes. She is only 65 and went sledding 2 weeks ago when we had 5 inches of snow. She is precious and spunky. I lover her very much! So If anyone out there know if this works for cancer patients, please let me know! Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,148Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Hi there! Welcome to NC.

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's health issues; I can't imagine how difficult all this must be for your family.

I've moved your thread to this forum, as I think you'll get more help here.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,023Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi - How is your mom doing? She sounds like a real fighter. Wishing you good luck and sending (((hugs))).

ETA: Sorry - I don't know what MT is.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,264Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    momwithcancer I think you're referring to Megatek right?

here's an article you might be interested in reading
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/the-scoop-on-mega-tek
    and if you do a search on Mega tek, or Mega-tek, or MT in the upper right hand of the page, you should be able to see tons of threads and comments about this...
    shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file