Any tinted moisturizer fans?

SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
Just wondering if anyone is a fan of tinted moisturizer? I started using this product about 6 months ago and I love it. It gives me a "your skin but better" look -- light and natural. I like it for the weekends when I am just running errands or don't want fussy makeup when I go out at night. I'm a Jane Iredale MMU fan, so I am using the Jane Iredale TM called Dream Tint. Goes on sort of streaky but somehow blends perfectly and gives me a natural very slighly dewy look (I hate shine and oiliness; I definitely do not get that from Dream Tint). I use a sheer blush and light eye makeup to keep my whole look light.

Just curious if anyone else likes TM for everyday or just occasional wear.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    I hesitate to use tinted moisturizers because I don't like the idea of it rubbing off like liquid foundation can. Does this stay put?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't had any problems with it rubbing off onto clothes, if that's what you mean. IME, it absorbs into skin a bit like moisturizer would and leaves a nice sheer color to even out skin tone. I am seriously thinking of taking this on my cruise as the only "foundation" product I wear, since I am not a heavy makeup fan to begin with. If I do go this route for the trip, during the day, I will apply it over my sunscreen so that the tint doesn't get diluted from sunscreen.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
  • B-wavyB-wavy Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Curl Connoisseur
    I tried a Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer a few years ago that had very similar qualities to what you described. I loved it! It didn't feel like you were wearing anything, but your skin just had that dewy glow and it evened out the skin tone beautifully. Had to stop using it though -- I think the chemical sunscreen didn't agree with me and made me itchy. Since then I've been using Meow mineral makeup, and while I like it and it's actually soothing to my skin, I really miss the dewy look. I may look into the Jane Iredale. Do you have to use much? If I remember correctly, I only had to use about a pea-sized blob of the LM to cover my whole face.
    I think the JI insert that comes with the product recommends a pea-sized blob as well. I use more than that though; my skin tends to be dry so the bit extra that I use helps with the moisturizing need, IMO. Added bonus is that I get a bit better "coverage" even though it's still relatively sheer.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I love the Clinique Moisture Surge TM for winter and Du*** for summer. Even though I moisturize and have somewhat oily skin, I find the Du*** drying in the winter.

Since I have pretty even skin and not much scarring, I prefer a lighter coverage. I love that TM provides that. I find regular foundations too mask-like. I don't even like the smell of them.

I went on an extensive search in my town for TM last year. Du*** and Clinique were the only two I could find. I've never heard of Jane Iredale. Is it on-ground or on-line?
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    JI is carried usually at certain salons or dermatologist offices. At www.janeiredale.com there is a listing of local places (by zip code, I think) that carry the product line, but not all places carry the full product line, IME. Once I know my shades, I buy online only because it's cheaper that way.
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    I can't wear tinted moisturizer anymore because of my oily skin. It looked great when first applied but after about an hour, it just felt slippery and looked too shiny. To combat the shine, I had to apply a pressed or loose powder, which kind of defeated the purpose of wanting light and sheer coverage. I couldn't wait to wash it all off. :toothy5:

I remember wearing both Du*** and Lorac tinted moisturizers, one from Paula Dorf, and one from Paula Begoun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    I love tinted moisturizer. I've been using Pixi Tint and Conceal for a while now and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it rubbing off or anything. I like it mainly because I don't really like to wear foundation, but on days where I just need my skin to be a little more even and my dark circles need to be concealed, it works very well for that.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Registered Users Posts: 2,017 Curl Neophyte
    I actually mix my own: Olay Regenerist moisturizer mixed in my palm with a little Cover Girl Advanced Radiance liquid foundation. I know these are just drugstore products, but my very-picky, sensitive skin seems to handle them very well! And I definitely prefer the lighter coverage of TM to full-on foundation. It's easier to apply, too.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    I make my own tinted moisturizer. I just put a small blob of my Clinique almost makeup in my blob of moisturizer and mix. Works great!
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • msjaimmsjaim Registered Users Posts: 948
    Bobbi brown tinted moisturizer is the bomb
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    I also mix my own. I've found that while Philosophy Hope in a Bottle is too drying on its own as a moisturizer, it works really well mixed with a little foundation. I use my wrinkle cream under it and it looks really natural and doesn't get greasy looking.

Back when I wore mineral makeup, I would mix a little mineral makeup with my regular moisturizer.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • memesmemes Registered Users Posts: 785
    I use Tarte Smooth Operator which is just slightly heavier than a tinted moisturizer and love it. It doesn't bother my finicky skin and stays smooth all day. It doesn't have much in the way of coverage though so I'm still thinking of testing the Jane Iredale since I've always had good luck with JI products.

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    The two I like are Clinique "almost make up" and Invisible Zinc. I usually set the tinted moisturiser with a light powder.
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • SheBrosSheBros Registered Users Posts: 332
    I've been using 100% Pure TM for several months now. I have mostly an oily complexion but in the winter months my skin tends to be more combo. This TM provides just the right amount of moisture without leaving my skin feeling oily. Glides on effortlessly. I can use it alone for light coverage or under my Bare Escentuals MMU for more coverage. It comes in a pressure pump bottle which is nice and is fragrance-free plus it contains SPF.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file