CurlTalk

Take off your jewelry at night?

KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
I am wondering how many of you actually take off your rings and stuff at night when you go to bed?

I have always kept my wedding ring on and I used to always wear my earrings too, but I started taking the earrings off.

Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,778Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have diamond studs in my second holes and a diamond band that I wear on my thumb and they never come off. The rest of the stuff either goes into a dish on a desk in the kitchen or into my jewelry box, depending on how tired I am when I walk in the door at night :wink:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • smoke in your eyessmoke in your eyes Posts: 34Registered Users
    I always take everything off. I find it uncomfortable to sleep in rings and I worry that my earrings could rip my ears while I am sleeping and my necklaces could break.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    For some reason I feel nekkid w/o my watch!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• snap catsnap cat Posts: 72Registered Users
    I only wear my wedding ring and my watch. I take my watch off at night. If, on the very rare occassion I wear earrings, I take those out at night.

So, I keep my engagement ring, and a couple of other rings in this little bamboo tray at the side of my bed. I looked in it the other day and my engagement ring is gone.

I still haven't found it :shock:
    3b? Who knows!!
    Very modified-cg.
    Current likes: Too Shea!, WDT, Curls Milkshake, Re:coil, Curls Spiral Cream, CCSS, - not all at the same time :D
    pw: miaow - updated 2006-10-04
  • smoke in your eyessmoke in your eyes Posts: 34Registered Users

So.... no sleeping naked for you?
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    snap cat wrote:
    I only wear my wedding ring and my watch. I take my watch off at night. If, on the very rare occassion I wear earrings, I take those out at night.

So, I keep my engagement ring, and a couple of other rings in this little bamboo tray at the side of my bed. I looked in it the other day and my engagement ring is gone.

I still haven't found it :shock:

Oh no! I hope you find it soon.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i said that i take it all off, which isn't exactly true....

after 20 plus years, my claddagh ring rarely comes off my right hand. but if i could take it off, i would!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I don't usually wear jewelry, pretty much only my wedding rings, and my necklace, and those stay on all the time.

On the rare occasion I'm going out and wearing other jewelry, that comes off as soon as I come home.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I voted "I keep it on." On a daily basis, I wear my engagement ring, wedding band, gold mesh ring on right hand, diamond stud earrings, gold watch, nameplate necklace. I always change from my gold watch into a digital sports watch with indiglo at bedtime, and sometimes I'll wear a pearl necklace instead of the nameplate so I'll take that off before bed if I'm wearing it that day.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    The wedding band NEVER comes off. Everything else does.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    I used to sleep with it all on, but in the last few years I got into the habit of taking it off and actually wouldn't be able to stand sleeping in any of it these days.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    Sorry DP :oops:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    I voted for the wrong one. I said I never wear any at all but I meant I take it all off.

I usually just wear my watch, and sometimes earings. But I take them off at night.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    I take everything off. I tried to sleep with my wedding rings on, but my engagement ring wound up scratching my face (it's a square princess cut, and I move a lot in my sleep).

I can't sleep with jewelry on. It makes me crazy.
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fa-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I take everything off except my wedding ring. The only time it comes off is when I am going to take a shower.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    When I was married, I kept my rings on all the time. I find it uncomfortable to sleep in earrings, so I take them off every night. I keep my watch on always.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I wear diamonds studs which I don't take out because they're screw backs. It's a total PITA to remove them and put them back on.

I never take off my watch for bed. The alarm clock is on hubby's side of the bed, so I need the time for the random nights when baby girl wakes up howling.

The rings come off 9 times out of 10 because my engagement ring gets snagged on the sheets.
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I only wear a necklace that's not too big and my engagement & wedding rings. I do keep them on all the time. I know I should take them off when sleeping because they can get snagged in the blankets and loosen. I just make sure I go the mandatory 3-4 times a year to get my prongs checked.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,249Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I take off rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, nose ring. The only piece of jewelry I leave on is my belly ring.
    I find it uncomfortable to sleep in jewelry and it's also hard on the jewelry.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I leave on my necklace which doesn't have any loops that can get bent to make it fall off since it's all soldered together. I only take it off to put on other necklaces, though that rarely, so I always have it on.

Anything else comes off.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I take it all off, baby!! Wedding ring included.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I remove necklace, bracelet, rings (including wedding). I leave on the earrings unless they're big, dangly, or costume. The gold post earrings stay on. Too much hassle to remove and put back on daily. I have to remove the rings because my hands swell and it hurts. The rest is either uncomfortable or I'm afraid of damaging it.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

So.... no sleeping naked for you?
    :lol:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

I take it all off, baby!! Wedding ring included.
    :twisted:
    That's hot!

0004.gif

• three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I worked in the jewelry business for too long. I took in too many repairs and submitted too many insurance claims for pieces lost or damaged due to people sleeping in them. I take all but my wedding ring off every night. The rest goes in the jewelry box everytime I take it off.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    I always leave on my wedding rings, unless I am doing really heavy cleaning, doing the dishes, or painting/working on the house. I sleep/shower in them. On a daily basis, I wear a necklace, sometimes a bracelet, and hoop earrings, and those usually come off as soon as I get home and DEFINITELY before bed. I get my engagement ring checked out at least 2 times a year, and I have lifetime guarantees on it, so it's okay even if something did happen. My wedding band is a bit too big, so it is somewhat held on by my engagement ring; I think it would slide off if I just wore it! :P
    DPTFm5.png
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I keep my rings on, I keep my ear cartilege piercing in. If I were wearing bracelets or necklaces or whatever, I'd take them off.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Take everything off except wedding ring and belly button ring. I do take wedding ring off to shower and wash dishes though.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    I keep my earrings in because they have screwbacks. When I wear my watch, I always take it off at the end of the day.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    I take all jewellery off when I go to bed.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.