Henna Question

ArmyofWavesArmyofWaves Registered Users Posts: 53
I really want to henna my hair, but I want a medium auburn colour, and my hair is natually dark blonde.

Is it possible to get this color with henna? Will adding something to it make it turn out darker?

The only people I've seen with auburn from henna already had dark hair. :/

Any light-haired girls have pics of henna?
Type 2a with bits of 2b and c sprinkled in <3

Trying to use up Deva.. my hair hates it..
going back to Lush after.

Low Porosity-Higher where highlights are
Medium Density

BSL Hair when Wavy
My Goal is to (eventually) Have TB, or maybe just waist.
My realistic goal is to get to Midback by christmas. :)

Comments

• KrazzyCurlsKrazzyCurls Registered Users Posts: 52
    My hair is a natural dark brown. After I hennaed it, it had only a slight reddish hue, and in the sun, a light auburn. Natural henna is the only way to go. I suggest doing a strand test before you get started on hennaing your whole head. Just pull some hair from your brush or comb, then put it in the liquid henna. After 4-5 hours, take the hair out and rinse it. The color that stays will be the color your hair will be.
    If you don't use natural henna, your curls will definitely be damaged.

ETA: Natural henna can never turn your hair lighter, only darker or a different color, so make sure you do a strand test!
    Good Luck! :toothy10:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -Satinique Hair Conditioner
    -Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth Anti-Frizz Creme
    -A little olive oil

HairLength: Past my shoulders, but not to my elbow (YET!)

GoalumUltimatum::love1:
    To have healthy, shiny curls past my waist!:munky2:
    :blob:I :love2: MY CURLLLLSSS!!
  • poemaXXpoemaXX Registered Users Posts: 456 Curl Neophyte
    I've hear great things about mehandi.com and their site is very informative. I encourage you to take a look and read up on combining henna, amla and indigo! :)
    || 3b; normal porosity; fine/normal texture || CG since Feb 2010 || SD/dandruff prone

Current Routine BAQ henna 1/month Leave-in OH Hair Dew Cheapie Conditioner Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing
    Old Stand-bys extra-virgin coconut oil Protein AO GPB; Moisture AO HR Style AOMMJ – Kept for troubleshooting.
    Waiting to try extra-wide curlformers SD treatment H&S Clinical Strength

• tamelasktamelask Registered Users Posts: 1
    yes, natural henna works great to go from dark blonde to auburn. That's exactly what i do. I have what you'd call honey blonde or dishwaterish blonde hair and it's auburn with straight henna. The trick is doing an overall application as many times as it takes to get the depth you want (only took 2x for me). If you really don't want it too red you could add in some indigo, but indigo does fade after a while, while henna does not. I used chem colors for 20 years and have been so thrilled with my hair since i began hennaing 2 years ago. I second the recommendation of checking mehendi's forums and info.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file