Looooonngg hair??

2»

Comments

• KaijahKaijah Posts: 69Registered Users
    I'm currently ~midback curly, waist when wet. I'm gonna grow at least until waist while curly, and probably longer. At longest probably to tailbone, 'cause anything more will just be too much hair for me to handle I think.
    2C-3Aish/mostly M/ii-iii, med-high porosity, normal elasticity, hip length
    Protein sensitive, likes heavy moisture and oils, mostly CO with occasional CWC
    Low Poo: SheaMoisture Moisture Retention
    Washing Conditioner: Trader Joe's Refresh, Tresemme Nourishing Moisture, V05
    Length Conditioners: GF Triple Nutrition, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Walgreen's BioInfusion Balm
    Leave Ins: AO Honeysuckle Rose, raw shea, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, sometimes aloe gel or KCNT
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did grow to below-butt length after a campaign to see how long it would get.
    longesthair2009.jpg

But it got too hard to take care of, for me, so I cut it in half.

But I'm posting to give hope to those who want long and think their hair doesn't grow because I had NO IDEA mine grew past BSL. But when I just Did Not Cut It it got a whole lot longer. This was about 6 years from a bob. I don't think I'll grow this long again, maybe if it all goes gray, because I'd like to have a looooong thick gray braid.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • marty256marty256 Posts: 15Registered Users
    wow thats long.!!!
    i have been growing too....i hoping for like butt length or maybe waist length. I started doing this because im hoping to donate to locks of love.
    Hair Type: 3b
    Texture: Fine
    Density: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    WOW, WOW, WOW! I was looking at your photo and my SO walked in and saw it, he said "wow...that's some seriously long hair"

You're a real inspiration. I'm aiming for waist and I started from a buzz cut. I'm slowly getting there. Just can't wait till it's at shoulder or longer and I can really start wearing it wavy again. I styled it wavy just the other day, was a little messy for my liking but my SO loved it. He loves my short hair but misses my waves - he's been really good. He actually shaved it for me, when I did the leukemia shave for a cure.

Marty - that's such a lovely idea donating to locks of love. It's always nice to hear that there are some very caring and generous people out there, especially when the news is full of violence and selfish acts. Good on you and Good luck. I'd love you to keep me posted on how you go :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • Fluffy01Fluffy01 Posts: 271Registered Users
    marty256 wrote: »
    wow thats long.!!!
    i have been growing too....i hoping for like butt length or maybe waist length. I started doing this because im hoping to donate to locks of love.

That's awesome Marty as I had cancer as a child and lost all my hair, but I wore hats and such. Now in the interest of you being informed about your decision, please make sure you do some research on LoL. I had remembered awhile back some controversy regarding it and googled it. Here's two links I came up with:

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/family/articles/locksforlove.html

http://badhairday.typepad.com/bad_hair_day/2006/07/locks_of_love_i.html

I'm not trying to sway you either way, but I think it's important that people who do kind acts like this know exactly who they're doing it for. :thumbright:

And good luck on your hair growing journey!
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh yes I donated the length I cut off, it was in good shape, oddly; I thought about selling the hair but didn't want to cut it all the way off. I donated to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths, not Locks of Love; apparently the Pantene people actually USE the hair for wigs instead of selling it. The cut off part was about a foot and a half or so, then a couple more inches off with the actual haircut after.

Anyway, be encouraged, and just don't cut it except for dusting the ends, if you take care of it it will stay healthy without haircuts, and will get longer than you think.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Wow! Gorgeous hair, RIF! That was a very generous thing you did by donating it. Kudos to you!!

I'm trying to get to hip. Before my BC, I made it to full waistlength in 5 years even with a couple bigger hair cuts. I'm hoping I'll get there faster this go round since my hair is healthier, and I'll only be dusting my ends. We'll see:toothy10:.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • ladyrinaladyrina Posts: 33Registered Users
    Robin your hair is AMAZING! such an inspiration!

My hair used to be knee-length once upon a time... then I maintained somewhere between chin-length to shoulder-length for years.

My hair is a little past shoulder right now, aiming for WL, though that means APL and BSL first.. *sigh*

I'd love to have it at my tail bone though.. with pretty layers and a v-shape. *dreams*

That's at least a year away ;.;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CG since 6/26/09! Also growing out!

Thick borderline 2C/3A (hair wavy at this length), mostly medium, high porosity (I think!)

Current products in rotation: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner followed by Suave Coconut Conditioner (CO wash). GVP K-Pak k/o (once a week). Sunsilk Hair Oil mix (international product) & castor Oil.
  • FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Posts: 412Registered Users
    I originally said that I was just gonna keep my hair bra strap length, but I want waist length hair. And I'm gonna have it too. :)
  • carberrycarberry Posts: 74Registered Users
    tailbone <3

its a long way , but i am determined :angel8:
    2a/f/miii/normal porosity
    wavy, hip length, very thick
    hair length journey:
    december '08 12 inches long, shoulder
    june '12 31 inches long, hip
    summer 2012 goal: in between hip and tailbone
    Ultimate goal: tailbone or or maybe classic length
    my hair loves henna !

:love5:

event.png

• PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    I did grow to below-butt length after a campaign to see how long it would get.
    longesthair2009.jpg

But it got too hard to take care of, for me, so I cut it in half.

But I'm posting to give hope to those who want long and think their hair doesn't grow because I had NO IDEA mine grew past BSL. But when I just Did Not Cut It it got a whole lot longer. This was about 6 years from a bob. I don't think I'll grow this long again, maybe if it all goes gray, because I'd like to have a looooong thick gray braid.

This is gorgeous.
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• CurlyKarlineCurlyKarline Posts: 12Registered Users
    My hair is about mid-back; lower back when its wet. I have found that its somewhat difficult and a challenge to care for long hair. No wonder my mom cut it when I was a little girl. I won't have the length for long though. I want to grow my hair out enough to donate to Locks of Love and have enough length for below the shoulder blades. Any shorter would not do for me.
    2c/3a?
    Somewhat protein sensitive

Co-wash: Suave Natural's Tropical Coconut; Garnier Fructis Triple Nutirtion
    Condition: same as above
    Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition; LOOC
    Styling: BRHG; HETT
    **I need to place a pic**
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm going to my terminal length which I haven't been at for like, 8 years. I think it's waist but I could be long. I chopped everything off for one last time and it's all growing back now. It's gone from the top of my ear to allllmost down to my shoulders. I've got a long way to go!
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • hairlikethewaterhairlikethewater Posts: 15Registered Users
    hm. well i cut mine recently, but shoulder length for me is still probably a good 7-8'', just coiled up really tight. i want long hair sooo badly. i want my hair to be as long as shelly davis's(the creator of kinky-curly) in this picture:

http://kinky-curly.com/images/shelley_creator.jpg

i try not to be ambitious, especially since my hair coils up so tightly instead of ever looking very long.

some things that worked pretty nicely for me:
    -[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kinky curly curling custard[/buylink]. when i put it in well and thoroughly, it really does add length, as long as i stay pretty still and down touch it much while its drying

-using clips. i pin moderately heavy clips to my ends while my hair is drying and has the gel on it, and then take them off when its dry--it really adds so much length! depending on how heavy the clip is, it works really well. pins with attachments work well for small bits, but claw clips work well on the ends for larger sections
  • BrittneyBuddyBrittneyBuddy Posts: 59Registered Users
    I'm growing out my hair to tailbone length. only at armpit length though.... I'll get there!!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a, fine hair, high density, normal porosity and elasicity
    Low poo: Coloresse Moisture Shampoo
    RO: GVPCB
    LI: KCKT
    Gel: KCCC
    DT: SMT with GVPCB
    PT: Cure Care Conditioner
    Sealant: Grapeseed oil
    Other useful things: Homemade spray gel (diluted LI, gel, and sealant)
    Love plopping and air drying!
    Hate blow drying (cept for my bangs which *gasp* I blow dry straight!)
  • CDRWCDRW Posts: 177Registered Users
    I'm aiming to go back to waist length after chopping it all of right after having my baby last fall. I kinda regret it. :( Good thing my hair grows out for free! :)
    Mostly 3B/C with a multiple personality disorder! :)
    CO-Wash: Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, Suave, Coconut Sublime
    Leave In: My own mix,
    Curls Milkshake, Curls Souffle

Stylers: My own mix
    -great results with Aussie IF gel
    -Curls Goddess Glaze
    DT: Lekair Cholesterol, my own mix
    Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea

Fotki
    PW: curlies

• musicaleloquencemusicaleloquence Posts: 112Registered Users
    I was inbetween classic and thigh length the last time I truly cut my hair. I didn't know how to take care of it and it was just a burden, so I shaved my head. :)

Now that I've discovered natural haircare and know how to take care of my curls, I think I'll grow my hair to waist length. For me, anything longer than that is too much to deal with... of course, I could just not cut it once it gets there and see how that goes.

At the moment, my hair is barely skimming BSL.
    Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
    Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
    LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
    Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).

event.png
  • PuertoricangirlPuertoricangirl Posts: 428Registered Users
    I am going for waist length curly and then tailbone length :toothy5: right now my hair is waist length wet but my first goal is to get there dry.
    3A/3B Fine/Medium curly, Low Porosity, Medium density, long length.

*Shampoo & Conditioner: Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and shine
    *Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today and GVP Condtioning Balm
    *Cream Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie, Coconut and hibiscus styling milk
    Gels: L.A Looks Sports Gel, and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    *Serum: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper

:blob7:
  • PelobonitaPelobonita Posts: 15Registered Users
    Im growing to thigth length i think it would be really cool. But then idk go threw gallons of conditioner and it would take forever to comb
  • Amethyst_KissesAmethyst_Kisses Posts: 67Registered Users
    Classic :')
  • puppitypuppuppitypup Posts: 115Registered Users
    I'm aiming for waist length when curly. I'm pretty much there, but I think it will look better in 2 or 3 months... It needs to thicken up a bit towards my ends. Tailbone would be cool too. But I can't get there until the summer, at least.
    3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: http://ricciolina.wordpress.com
  • Kay RaeKay Rae Posts: 41Registered Users
    I want to get to at least my lower back. Right now I'm about APL but I think I need to get rid of some ends first. I also need to grow out some chemical color and my roots are only a couple inches, so this is gonna take a while

Sent from my LG-MS770 using CurlTalk App
  • ricotdorothyricotdorothy Posts: 436Registered Users
    Ok I would like to get to classic length. I would love that, very very much. :)

That would equal mid back length for me in a dry braid out. But I have a looooong waaaay to go.
    [FONT=&quot]
    SL
    ~APL~BSB~BSL~MBL~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WL [/FONT]

You never stop learning... :color:
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    I want to hit classic, maintain that, then try to go longer if the length doesn't stress me out! Haha!

- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want anything from waist to tailbone length stretched, I haven't decided yet. I'll have to see how well I can handle the length of waist length first (I have A LOT of hair). If my hair is too much at any of those lengths MBL would suffice. I'm like a good inch above BSL now.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file