CurlTalk

Looooonngg hair??

09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
I was just wondering if anyone here was going for really long hair, by which i mean waist, hip, tailbone, classic or longer?? I really want to go for classic but looked at my hair this morning and realised i still had about 8 inches to go until i get to waist :(
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• CafeAuLaitCafeAuLait Posts: 218Registered Users
    I'm thinking about waist-length, but I'm still not sure. It depends on how burdensome it is as it gets longer and longer.

Oh 8 in. is nothing! I haven't measuread but I'll have well over a foot to go just for lower-back length. I've seen a poster here, Speckla, who is going for tailbone length. I hope she doesn't mind me calling her out. :icon_smile:
    Formerly ElsaG
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    I am aiming for floor length.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    I'm aiming for waist - all my friends think I'm talking crap (they know how scissor happy I am) but I really want it. You never know once I get there I might just keep going.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • WinnWinnWinnWinn Posts: 7Registered Users
    My goal for now is HL stretched. I'm about 1-2 inches away from WL now.
  • KrazzyCurlsKrazzyCurls Posts: 52Registered Users
    I'm aiming for mid-thigh length. Who knows, I might not even stop there! :angel3:

But yes, it kind of does matter how much trouble it's going to be. But most likely I'm just gonna grow it outttt! My hair is now (exactly) bra strap length.
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -Satinique Hair Conditioner
    -Garnier Fructis Sleek and Smooth Anti-Frizz Creme
    -A little olive oil

HairLength: Past my shoulders, but not to my elbow (YET!)

GoalumUltimatum::love1:
    To have healthy, shiny curls past my waist!:munky2:
    :blob:I :love2: MY CURLLLLSSS!!
  • Fluffy01Fluffy01 Posts: 271Registered Users
    Yeah I'm considering waist length, but I'd be happy with boob length right now lol. I've never gotten past 3 inches above boob length, so I'm really trying to stick with it this time. I've got a ton of supplement regimens going, I don't dye it, I only heat style on low for like 3 minutes, etc. I'm looking for any other tips too if you guys know of any.

Also, if you need any inspiration pics, I frequent another forum called the Long Hair Community. Lots of gorgeous long locks over there to drool over. :love5:
  • Fluffy01Fluffy01 Posts: 271Registered Users
    P.S. - Here's a shot of where I was 3 years ago before the great chop. As you can see, I flat ironed a lot, dyed a lot, etc. I think it'll look really awesome once I reach this length again without having done all that other stuff to my hair.
  • bridgete2010bridgete2010 Posts: 144Registered Users
    I want to get it to almost the waist !!! But I might just keep going until it hits the waist.

What is "Classic"?

Just wondering <3

event.png
    my new blog ~~
    I want to get it to almost the waist !!! But I might just keep going until it hits the waist.

What is "Classic"?

Just wondering <3

Classic, as depicted in PrettyCurls's siggy, is halfway of the body. In short, butt length. :thumbright:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

What is "Classic"?

Just wondering <3

Classic, as depicted in PrettyCurls's siggy, is halfway of the body. In short, butt length. :thumbright:

OH WOW! sounds great...!!!!
    That would be gorgeous <3

event.png
    my new blog ~~

What is "Classic"?

Just wondering <3

I know, eh? I really want that! Or even longer!
    Now I'm only bra strap length. :angry3:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

My hair is like a long boys cut :sign5:
    lolol

:/

event.png
    my new blog ~~

lolol

At least it looks good on you! :happy3: This bra strap length is totally awkward on me! This is like, one of the most awkward stages of growing out for me. :angry1:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

• curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    I'm aiming for WL at most. I have a ton of hair and having it any longer would be too much work. I think it will be about another 2 years before I'm there.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png

lolol

At least it looks good on you! :happy3: This bra strap length is totally awkward on me! This is like, one of the most awkward stages of growing out for me. :angry1:

I think I win with my mullet hahaha! Just wondering wouldn't 'classic' be different on everyone because my butt would be more then half of the whole of me.(I have a long torso and shorter legs!) I know everyone has a different length at waist etc because we all are different proportions.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup

lolol

I think I win with my mullet hahaha! Just wondering wouldn't 'classic' be different on everyone because my butt would be more then half of the whole of me.(I have a long torso and shorter legs!) I know everyone has a different length at waist etc because we all are different proportions.

Well, yeah. :sign6: I guess classic would be halfway the body. Although the butt is usually somewhere about the middle, right? :happy4:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

Well, yeah. :sign6: I guess classic would be halfway the body. Although the butt is usually somewhere about the middle, right? :happy4:

I suppose so- haha I would examine strangers, but I might get in a little trouble if they spot me staring at their butt! lol! :toothy10:

I guess I was just trying to say everyone's actual length at classic would be different. If you measured a group of people who all had 'classic' length hair they would most probably be all different. It's not so a much a single length (i.e. at a certain increment in inches) but continuous - if that makes any sense?

• 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users

I suppose so- haha I would examine strangers, but I might get in a little trouble if they spot me staring at their butt! lol! :toothy10:

I guess I was just trying to say everyone's actual length at classic would be different. If you measured a group of people who all had 'classic' length hair they would most probably be all different. It's not so a much a single length (i.e. at a certain increment in inches) but continuous - if that makes any sense?

hahah yeahh classic is diff on everyone, even wait is differant. I have a longish torso and long legs, my hips and butt jsut seem ti squish in there inbetween lol

Growing to waist is gonna take foreverrrr lol but its the biggest bit of my growing
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • mythreebabesmythreebabes Posts: 19Registered Users
    I got my daddy's waves :happy10:
    Type-2b?,normal-high porosity,normal elasticity, fine-medium texture,some course auburn, more curly in back and bottom layer with 2 spirals underneath...yea CG!!!!!!
    Low-poo-JC Gentle Lather poo
    Co wash-GNTN, Suave Naturals coconut
    Rinse out-OA GPB
    Leave-in-JC aloeba
    Stylers-HESMU
    Likes-olive oil, castor oil, vinegar rinse, wrapping in a silk scarf at night
    Dislikes-too much jojoba oil, coconut milk DT
  • mythreebabesmythreebabes Posts: 19Registered Users
    I'm growing my hair also. I have been trimming 1/4-1/2 inch every 6-8 weeks for years to keep it healthy, and have recently in the past couple months decided to grow to my waist or low back. I am going to try and not trim it so often(it's been nine weeks so far)and just trim it when it needs it. But it seems to grow so slow. I have 5 inches to go :toothy5:.
    I got my daddy's waves :happy10:
    Type-2b?,normal-high porosity,normal elasticity, fine-medium texture,some course auburn, more curly in back and bottom layer with 2 spirals underneath...yea CG!!!!!!
    Low-poo-JC Gentle Lather poo
    Co wash-GNTN, Suave Naturals coconut
    Rinse out-OA GPB
    Leave-in-JC aloeba
    Stylers-HESMU
    Likes-olive oil, castor oil, vinegar rinse, wrapping in a silk scarf at night
    Dislikes-too much jojoba oil, coconut milk DT
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Fluffy01 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm considering waist length, but I'd be happy with boob length right now lol. I've never gotten past 3 inches above boob length, so I'm really trying to stick with it this time. I've got a ton of supplement regimens going, I don't dye it, I only heat style on low for like 3 minutes, etc. I'm looking for any other tips too if you guys know of any.

Also, if you need any inspiration pics, I frequent another forum called the Long Hair Community. Lots of gorgeous long locks over there to drool over. :love5:
    Boob length? I guess that all depends on where your boobs are hanging! HAHAHAHAHA!:laughing1:

Actually my (3C-4A) curls are almost there at around 12-13 inches when stretched, but I'm thinking of getting a few inches chopped off.

I'm sure I can grow it really long, but it's so poofy-huge! (Way too big for my 5'1" frame!) I know I shouldn't complain because I have so much hair. It's a good thing, really. It's healthy, frizz-free and has a nice sheen to it.

Lately, though, it's become more time-consuming to get the curls just right. And I use SOOO much conditioner, I think it's hurting my personal finances!

I don't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fkurleeedna" class="Popup
    09robiha wrote: »

hahah yeahh classic is diff on everyone, even wait is differant. I have a longish torso and long legs, my hips and butt jsut seem ti squish in there inbetween lol

Growing to waist is gonna take foreverrrr lol but its the biggest bit of my growing

Yeah, that's true - classic is just halfway the body.
    LOL! :laughing8:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

• Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Im shooting for waistlength, minimum, and tailbone length max. Ideally I would like my hair to hang between hip and tlbn. Im still not sure about the shape. My hair grows in a natural V but I would prefer a blunt cut. I would probably grow out a few more inches past tlbn just to get even hip length hair.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
    Im shooting for waistlength, minimum, and tailbone length max. Ideally I would like my hair to hang between hip and tlbn. Im still not sure about the shape. My hair grows in a natural V but I would prefer a blunt cut. I would probably grow out a few more inches past tlbn just to get even hip length hair.

Ooh, that sounds really nice!

It think after my hair grows out some more, hopefully, I'll cut my hair in a V. :bigsmurf:

:wink:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

Actually, little accident. My hair is actually past BSL, but not quite mid-back yet. LOL, dunno how I messed that up. :angel10:
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

mythreebabes - your avatar pic is amazing!!! is that the length of your hair now!

^ Agreed!
    HairType:

3A and 3B mix

CurlsRoutine:

-No-Poo
    -A little olive oil

mythreebabes - your avatar pic is amazing!!! is that the length of your hair now!

OMG I KNOW RIGHT
    her hair is gorgeous beyond gorgeous !!! :thumright:
    I WANT HER HAIRRR :cry:

event.png
    my new blog ~~
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users
    I'm aiming for MBL when dry and curly, which I think would be hip length (whch I was in Nov. '07 before I cut it off). I'm currently BSL dry and curly. However, when I straightened (not bone straight) my hair toward the end of November it was WL. I would guess I'm an inch or so beyond that since that was 3 months ago. But, who knows.

Not sure if I will make it though since it is taking me longer to do my hair and I now have to section it to apply products. Also, the amount of product I am starting to have to use is ridiculous. We'll see. Once I start doing my Henna/Cassia treatments again when it gets warmer I may be able to continue to grow it. I normally use less product when I do those treatments!!
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • mouseymousey Posts: 120Registered Users
    i'm about 4 inches from waist (streched), so i should be there by the end of this year. i think i'll stop there. my hair shrinks up to my neck (not even my frikkin shoulders, my NECK!!) now, and i'm about an inch past bsl.
    i cannot live without my aviators, my boston terrier, biology and black tights.:love7: