Is it possible/healthy for me to get this color?

NievaNieva Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello!

To all the experts out there, would it be possible for me to achieve this hair color? would it be healthy? and if so, would i have to dye it, or is there any other way? (I'm quite the hair newbie :sad:)

The darker haired girl is myself, and the lighter hair is the color i want. Also, anyone know what the lighter color is called?

Comments

• NievaNieva Registered Users Posts: 5
    anyone? =[
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    It's definitely POSSIBLE, but it's going to take some work. And i'd definitely go to a professional rather than trying to tackle it yourself.

Going up to that color would mean lightning your hair MANY levels, using much harsher chemicals than if you were just trying to darken light hair or tint dark hair another color. Probably it'll take a professional several sessions to get it up there too, though I could be wrong. I'm definitely NOT a pro!

I'd call that a light, maybe a tad ashy, strawberry blond. Definitely take a picture in and show someone so they know exactly what you want. They can also probably tell you what exactly is possible and what might be a better solution for your hair. I don't think lightning to that point is going to KILL your hair, but it's definitely not going to be good for it.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Registered Users Posts: 900
    I agree with Mims. But remember that if you dye it that color, you have to keep up with it, which means continuing damage from continual lightening several levels.

But again, I'm phobic about going lighter, and always end up going about a shade and a half darker, and redder than my natural color, not to mention that I'm no professional. So feel free to take my opinions with a very large grain of salt.
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file