Use of Acronyms

KimitinoKimitino Registered Users Posts: 2
"Acronym: An acronym is a kind of [URL="javascript:OpenGlossary('abbreviation.html');"]abbreviation[/URL]. It is a word formed by taking [URL="javascript:OpenGlossary('letter.html');"] letters[/URL] from a [URL="javascript:OpenGlossary('phrase.html');"]phrase[/URL] that is too long to use comfortably. eg: Laser is an acronym of Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. If the letters do not make a word, but are pronounced individually, as in the CIA or the BBC, it can be called an initialism."
All right you guys! Sorry to be such a !#)%&, but I am a newbie here and am having a devil of a time trying to figure out what most of you are talking about!!! :protest:
If you want to save time, please use the acronym, but only AFTER you have written out what it is the acronym stands for.
For example:
"I like to use CO (coconut oil) on my hair. CO makes my hair feel so nice."
If we all follow this format, maybe some of the wonderful information here will actually be of use to everybody!!
Thanks for listening!

Comments

• MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte
    People have been using acronyms on this site for a long time. Its unlikely anybody's going to stop. Its just easier.

You can find a lot of their meanings here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=74759

Otherwise, don't hesitate to ask.
    comic-p.jpg
  • KimitinoKimitino Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks! I was going to ask if there was someplace to go to get the meanings of this "alphabet soup" - and you gave it to me without my asking! You're the best!!!
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Kimitino wrote: »
    Thanks! I was going to ask if there was someplace to go to get the meanings of this "alphabet soup" - and you gave it to me without my asking! You're the best!!!
    You'll notice too that a lot of the acronyms of the products we use are linked to curlmart. They appear in orange text so just click on it and it will bring you to the product.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • NalliaNallia Registered Users Posts: 2,979
    DEL2C wrote: »
    You'll notice too that a lot of the acronyms of the products we use are linked to curlmart. They appear in orange text so just click on it and it will bring you to the product.
    How funny, I never noticed that! lol
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Registered Users Posts: 2,568 Curl Neophyte

You're welcome. Welcome to NC!
    comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file